What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, We're they Side Hacks and not Servi-Cars ( 3 wheelers ) ?
I don't remember seeing any Side Hacks on Police bikes in Saskatoon .. circa 1960 - 1964.

Actually their was both. Side Hacks only lasted until about 1958; then they all switched to Servi-Cars. Something about being more stable, - and had more room for tickets!.

(they were mainly used for parking violation patrol)

And the officer could dismount from either side.

Nice looking Chevy alright Greg, Goo dfor you mate that is why we work hard to have some toys for enjoyment.

That is a nice double nickel Greg.

Looks like its got fender wells and the rear well wells have been radiused....gasser-style?

We definitely have to see more pics.

OK .. got my worked lined up for me for the next little while.
MY winter wood has arrived. Oh joy oh bliss.

10477663_10152648036248593_241598295368259020_o.jpg

10505168_10152648036078593_4386371419750790137_o.jpg

10491326_10152648036318593_3070660593683895172_o.jpg

Went on a dump/recycle run in our driver to arrive back home and the '54 Ford
wagon was gone out of the carport.
My wife had taken "Fred" on a medical callout for the firehall.

Maybe he needs a siren and a light........:)

A busy week!! Spent a bunch of time (spare time, when not working for the 'Man') researching front end kits and components, wheels and tires, etc etc...even stopped into the Edmonton Mopac store, WOW! Forgot about shops like that with displays and all...was cool, maybe I have been too sheltered or putting in tooo much time in an office building :D

Anyway, my Dad and Step-Mom stopped in this afternoon to visit and see the new addition as they were out in this neck of the woods. Visit an supper and some play time with the BBC/4spd :eek:;)

and a couple detail shots...

Smiles in my sleep now :)

EDITED:

A busy week!! Spent a bunch of time (spare time, when not working for the 'Man') researching front end kits and components, wheels and tires, etc etc...even stopped into the Edmonton Mopac store, WOW! :D

a\L=http://s357.photobucket.com/user/CDNflatlander/media/20242_zpsfc635401.jpg.html]
20242_zpsfc635401.jpg
[/URL]

Smiles in my sleep now :)

Yup...should be smiles in your sleep. Very nice.

I gather its not a straight axle gasser? And just changing the back wheels and tires?

Louvers and downpours don't mix...

I was out and about in the afternoon with the HRT.
I was keeping an eye on a storm but it came in fast.
Got caught in a torrential downpour and the engine bay got soaked.
I was heading south and the downpour was coming from the north, water just poured through the louvers.

Just made it home as the engine was starting to run real rough and die, would not hold idle.

I was worried about possible hydrostatic lock and was prepared to plug plugs and made an adapter for the vacuum too.
Started it up this afternoon and it started running rough but once warmed up a bit, back to a nice lumpy idle at 850RPM.

I do have a couple sheets of magnetic material that I can put under
the louvers to stop that sort of thing but didn't have with me on this trip.

Lesson learned.

Last edited:
(Yesterday) Went to the drag races in Port Alberni. very hot, lotsa people!! very dissapointing for racers, track was to clean, could hook up. The track is also an airstrip & was recently cleaned & new lines painted. No rubber left for the cars. 25 Door Sammers running only 4 made quailifing times. Several very close calls for accidents. But everyone involved sure tried hard to make it work. Very well organized!! Hope it's better today. Mbog & his crew were right on top of things. Good luck Guys/ladies!!!:D:D Frank

I spent a good day with family and friends out for supper for my mother-in-law's 66th birthday, plus got the power to my garage (finally) so I can finally take down the 13 year old extension cord. Plus, I put a new trunk latch in my 51 Monarch and did a bit of cleanup in the garage. All in all a great day.

Went to a friend of a friends house (he's 78 years young) to borrow a cherry picker so I can unload the engine I just sold to another friend. While there, I commented on his being ready for winter with his large amount of cut and stacked firewood. He told me he just likes to do it and doesn't have a place to burn it. He then sold me two big truck loads for $35. That helps!!! Before I left, he gave my wife a willow cane with mahogany handle, a willow fish thumper, a 15" burl bowl and a 2.5' burl bowl that just need to be clear coated.

Winter is getting close, our grass has basically stopped growing and leaves are turning yellow already.

NOOOOOOOOO :eek:
While I am fed up with the bugs and spider webs and the whole fire season living......I am not ready to see leaves turn yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.