What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't make any headway on the car as of late, but whipped up a 4' X 6' work table for the shop yesterday. I'm starting to notice the lack of table & workbench space, and was getting frustrated with working off the floor haha.

Here she is:

Just got back from camping at Kempt Shore,
as the Stan Rodgers Festival was cancelled this weekend pending hurricane Arthur.
Arthur, first hurricane of the season, as of 9:00 p.m. tonight is situated over New York.
He will be arriving in western NS tomorrow morning and passing over Cape Breton Island Sunday.
We needed to come home today to put patio furniture away and to take the cover off our patio shelter.
Will removed my Durango from the portable garage tomorrow morning if the wind becomes to intense
Also parked all our cars well away from falling trees and/or branches.
" Batten down the hatches boys, we're in for a big blow."

Last edited:
Pack, move, unpack,drive back, pack, move, unpack, drive pack, pack, move, unpack, drive back....it's like groundhog day....just continuous, never ending cycle.

Getting there, thought I got rid of stuff....think it came back in a different form.

Time to re-think!

Keep safe there Bullet, I hope the Bullet nose is in a safe place.

JonRod, That work table will be a very handy thing being able to sheel it around the shop like that, Good on you.

Studie is in my barn so it's good. There's a lul in the wind so I'm thinking we maybe in the eye at present so I'm waiting for the backside to hit us soon.

Last edited:
Keep your head down , Bullet!!!::eek::eek: Pouring down out here on the other Coast, but not like there!!!!! Frank

Jonrod, that is a nice looking bench! expanded metal shelf is top..shelf (groaner)!! Great way to keep the crud from collecting :)

Bullet....you make it through?? Damn you guys get it hard over there! Keep safe, hope nothing worse than a portable shed is lost.

Yard work today boys, nothing exciting coming up.
Greg

Well my Durango was in the portable and one pole is up against the rear door,
A timber is jammed up under the front bumper and the portable isn't going no where now.
I can't get out there to start dismantling it till the wind stops to see any damage.
It doesn't look bad at this point but we'll see.

Last edited:
We watched (sadly) news feeds on our lappy from down south (Burlington WA, KOA) here of the storm which hit the East Coast! Sure hope there wasn't too much in the way of damaga/devestation....!

I'm wondering?

I'm 64 in a few days, I start work at 6 and get home when I'm done. 60 to 70 hour work weeks is normal. My coupe sits, waiting, I'm wondering what the H am I doing? Regards AL C

Well it's 9:50 pm and I'm using my cell phone to message CR .... just got word, power will be restored no sooner than 11:30 pm tomorrow.
Oh joy oh bliss ..

Last edited:
Busy day here. I bid goodbye to my sedan delivery first thing this morning. The fellow showed up three hours early for it but all worked out for the best. Loaded it up and away it went. It hurt to see it go as it was a solid builder, but I can't keep them all. Now I have to decide which of either the Merc or hardtop to sell....

On a more somber note, the last week has been one of absolute chaos here. We had horrific flooding through our city and surrounding area - washed out roads, flooded homes, dam breaches and water surges, over a foot of water in the family cabin, and tonight a near miss by what the weather guys say was a tornado. Through it all we only had minimal damage to our basement. Many many people faired far worse. Hopefully the worst is over.

The electricity is finally back on after 27 hrs.
Damage from Hurricane Arthur was province wide ... 100,000 people without power, trees down everywhere.
I lost my Patio Pavilion and my Portable Garage with it's heavy 8" x 8" timbers, lifted off the ground and moved 8 / 10 feet backward and a few feet sideways.
Luckily my Durango only suffered some scuff marks on the passenger side.
Now comes the chore of taking the garage apart so I can reposition the beams and re-bolting the garage back down.

10486169_10152592120978593_5975677163042337625_o.jpg

10470817_10152592121748593_8074708006255036819_o.jpg

10507092_10152592122618593_6729364074282528537_o.jpg

1622418_10152592123478593_4587955381972118557_o.jpg

1973489_10152592124148593_3711753740849786613_o.jpg

the Portable Garage is back in it's usual resting spot.
The cover got ripped some, but it is, what it is.

On another note ... surprise visit today from Alan Gingles ( Boyd Who ) from Neepawa Manitoba on his '96 Harley FLSTC Heritage Classic.
Al took time out of his Maritime Tour to stop in, unfortunately I forgot to get a photo of his bike.
Here's Al with the Studie.

1557281_10152600076088593_8884497319082117548_o.jpg

Last edited:
Went an got an insurance slip , then a new licence sticker so I can drive the 50 chevy truck this yr . It didn,t even dawn on me till just this spring its been sitting since 09 . wow how times flies , but in the mean time it got a new master cylinder , a better bracket to hold brake booster in place , a new alum rad , a new fan controller a reman steering rack for the Pacer frt end , made up anew steering shaft an swapped the column over to a caddy tilt n telescopic one , from the mid 80,s tilt one that was in there . and some new tires . and a new oil pan and gasket .
So I been working on it , just not driving it , a fresh oil change , coolant flush , new thermo stat , a general check over , then a few test drives . Then Saturday it starts working , first job , a trip to the dump . all my stuff has to earn its keep ha ha ..77.

Status
Not open for further replies.