What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, a picture of the table I built for the recently purchased brake. 1st coat of paint on the table tonight...which brings up that I haven't purchased Tremclad paint for quite some time. Have they changed the formula, wow, was this stuff thin and 'picky' about surface prep! This first coat has lots of fish eyes...weird, never had that with Tremclad before.

Pretty sure it will look good enough to scratch up in the shop anyways :)
Tomorrow night is the local park n BS. I plan on getting to it, so no messing around tomorrow..hahaha.

Got back from N.Z. and my photo card wont load into the computer so I can't post any pic's from the rod run and swap meet, had a really good time though, my daughter attended with me as well and she had a great time as well, funny thing I was the designated driver so she could have a few Burbons, man what a turn around that is eh.

As promised, a picture of the table I built for the recently purchased brake. 1st coat of paint on the table tonight...which brings up that I haven't purchased Tremclad paint for quite some time. Have they changed the formula, wow, was this stuff thin and 'picky' about surface prep! This first coat has lots of fish eyes...weird, never had that with Tremclad before.

Nice brake and table..

They went to a water based paint, BUT you can still purchase the oil base. Just have to check the labels.

Got back from N.Z. and my photo card wont load into the computer so I can't post any pic's from the rod run and swap meet, had a really good time though, my daughter attended with me as well and she had a great time as well, funny thing I was the designated driver so she could have a few Burbons, man what a turn around that is eh.

Go to a photo lab and use the photo viewing machines that accept all cards .. transfer the photos to a USB memory stick ..

Not today but yesterday, Changed out the trans on the 39 c.o.e. as well as a new exhaust from the headers back. After supper put a second coat of paint on 1/2 the house. Going to fire up the pressure washer and wash the fleet, then try to get a load of scrap ready to go. Slow start LOL!

Thanks Gavyn; no brakes on the brake...paint stick, kinda like the go-cart days
;-)
Nice an heavy, if it is a problem i am prepared to add a couple brake units then.
I did look at the can after you mentioned it (Frank), it says it is manufactured using "Oil-Based Technology", and to clean the brush with mineral spirits....so not sure. Really.

I hear ya Greg! Slow start here as well, got a load of scrap also eyeballed to load onto the deck trailer...bet i can't purchase a single stick of square tubing with the load of scrap bodies and parts. Oh well, it'll make Mrs happy!
Greg

Last edited:
Thanks Gavyn; no brakes on the brake...paint stick, kinda like the go-cart days
;-)
Nice an heavy, if it is a problem i am prepared to add a couple brake units then.
I did look at the can after you mentioned it (Frank), it says it is manufactured using "Oil-Based Technology", and to clean the brush with mineral spirits....so not sure. Really.

I hear ya Greg! Slow start here as well, got a load of scrap also eyeballed to load onto the deck trailer...bet i can't purchase a single stick of square tubing with the load of scrap bodies and parts. Oh well, it'll make Mrs happy!
Greg

Greg have you been doing front wheel drive Burn Outs in that T again, man I told you those front tires wouldn't last and do them with the rears, :D:D

Visual progress !!!!! Front sheet metal clip is hanging again on the car, it's only been 7 years. Makes it harder to do the last bit of engine work but she needs to see visual progress when she gets home tomorrow :eek: Probably not going to be ready for Super Run but hopefully CKOM weekend.

Visual progress !!!!! Front sheet metal clip is hanging again on the car, it's only been 7 years. Makes it harder to do the last bit of engine work but she needs to see visual progress when she gets home tomorrow :eek: Probably not going to be ready for Super Run but hopefully CKOM weekend.

Some pics would be really nice...hard to see otherwise. :rolleyes:

Bullet, I didn't think this warranted a build thread. But it is an engine rebuild on 52 Ply; 218 flathead, .040 over cyl, .050 head shave and a header :D
Along with an overdrive being added after a rebuild (that was a nightmare) and disc brake installation on front, with shock relocation.
Going to be divorce papers handed out pretty quick if i dont get HER car back together :eek:

Better get going on the Plymouth, it is much cheaper than a divorce!:(

My cousin Derek & wife Linda have their summer rides out and ready for the Sicamous Show.
Guess who drives what ? ? :D
'68 Roadrunner & '94 Impala SS

10496995_10153013348262516_8679066264090887229_o.jpg
10364095_10153013349147516_8028200302359779564_n.jpg

10341430_10153013346402516_8355937457021726217_n.jpg

The old Mopar looks like a sweet summer cruiser .. very nice.
Would definitely be a crowd pleaser at the All-Mopar Show here on Aug. 3rd.
Got my daily summer driver out and waiting for that show.
1011689_327767947358220_1561663267_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am going back downstairs to keep mopping up. We had 6+" of rain here in the last 24 hours, with more forecast for tonight. It came down so fast it came in under the basement windows. So far the sewer has been keeping up.

I am going back downstairs to keep mopping up. We had 6+" of rain here in the last 24 hours, with more forecast for tonight. It came down so fast it came in under the basement windows. So far the sewer has been keeping up.

Hope all is well. Saw on the news this morning that Melville was one of the first communities to experience flooding with over 100cm of rain in a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.