What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tent camping in Peachland BC, VW style.
These visitors from Germany were on their way to Northern Canada, they LOVED the Okanagan !!

10312452_797493486941680_4653128422331414716_n.jpg
10154316_797493246941704_5033355217944500710_n.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! The tent looks like an authentic period accessorie to the VW. Not an expert but I would say that bug is from somewhere in the 60's. Can anyone narrow it down?

Anyone in the Kootenays go to any of the women's Roller Derby Meets.
My niece Galadriel, skates for the Dam City Rollers out of Castlegar, she's one tough cookie.
Her team name is Ursula Aggress #11.
She is also the Owner / Operator of Skool Girl Auto Detailers.
If you get a chance to she her skate, and / or get an autograph, say " hey, from her Uncle Darrell."

1969139_729094413809274_1245991104_n.jpg

My beautiful bride

My beautiful bride road around all afternoon on this,,,,,
CIMG8616_zps301b94f1.jpg

so I could have some shop time to work on this..
CIMG8613_zps287e2b28.jpg

Thanks hon your the best:D

Bash

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the 3 fallen RCMP in NB today as Canada and the world watch the manhunt for Justin Bourque.
We can only hope and pray that no one else dies from this man's hand, that the RCMP either apprehend or kill this guy and the lockdown of the City of Moncton ends soon.

Condolences to the family and friends of the fallen police officers.
Killed in the line of duty on Wed. June 4th are as follows ....
Const. David Ross, 32, of Victoriaville, Que.
Const. Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45, of Boulogne-Billancourt, France
Const. Douglas James Larche of Saint John, N.B.

June 6th .... the manhunt for Justin Bourque ended early Friday morning with an arrest.
10365971_10152520625228593_2388528284142305668_n.jpg

Last edited:
Perplexing issue

I haven't been anywhere with the HRT as I have been busy packing up the house and stuff.

But have started it on occasion.

And therein lies the problem.

I don't run it that long, 15 - 20 minutes, but its using up fuel at a substantial rate.

It was out of gas once all ready, put in 27 litres and again its almost out of gas.
Only fired it once since putting putting in 27 litres, so????.

After shutting it down, there is a slight smell of gas that lingers in the air for some time and I keep checking for a fuel leak but everything is bone dry. The gas smell sometimes smells stronger the next day and again keep checking for a fuel leak but there is none. The smell fills the garage so hard to pin point the location of the smell around the HRT.

Advise? (other than don't turn on the lights)

I haven't been anywhere with the HRT as I have been busy packing up the house and stuff.

I don't run it that long, 15 - 20 minutes, but its using up fuel at a substantial rate.

It was out of gas once all ready, put in 27 litres and again its almost out of gas.

After shutting it down, there is a slight smell of gas that lingers in the air for some time and I keep checking for a fuel leak but everything is bone dry. The gas smell sometimes smells stronger the next day and again keep checking for a fuel leak but there is none. The smell fills the garage so hard to pin point the location of the smell around the HRT.

Carb floats leaking into the intake manifold?

Carl

Have you checked the dipstick on the engine? If fuel is leaking past the needle&seat your level will go up in the pan...

Went to the Logan Lake swap meet, ran into some like minded folk, was a pretty great day, two hours each way in a hot rod. What more could there be?

Got the same problem. Think it coming from the gas cap.Going to try to vent mine back to a charcoal canister and see if that works. Old tanks vent out through the cap to the outside. Still not sure how I'm going to do it though..

Last edited:
Got the same problem. Think it coming from the gas cap.Going to try to vent mine back to a charcoal canister and see if that works. Old tanks vent out through the cap to the outside. Still not sure how I'm going to do it though..

I have a new tank and its has a separate vent with a filter. Not coming from there. Garage is always cool, even on a hot day.

Carb floats leaking into the intake manifold?

Carl

Not that either, in fact, had to adjust them as they were a little too low, especially the secondaries.

Think I found it it, noticed a stain under one of the carbs on the intake,
tightened up a few bolts but that still doesn't account for all the fuel loss.

Ran it off and on today while adjusting the float levels and no gas smell after, even after a few hours.

Got me?????

Got a message from my lovely wife this morning letting me know that she purchased our High Roller tickets for Viva 2015!!! Haven't been there yet but can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.