Canadian cars in U.S. mags 50's and 60's

...PS... Looks like it still had the same tires on it twenty some years later... yikes..... :eek:
Stan. ..................

I thought I would bring this thread current as we have so many new folks on here
that maybe some of them know more history on some of the cars featured.......

Again, as I know someone is looking for this thread....................:)

Mike Melenchuck just sent me this slide photo of Roger's T...Mike's '36
Coupe and their mom's 58 Mercury convert. Note lake pipe's on mom's car.'
Photo taken at corner of King George Hwy and State Road

SnipImage.jpg

This shot borrowed from the BCHRA website. AN earlier show, probably BCCCA
Motorama...

rogerst.jpg

A little off subject but involving past days of HotRodding ,, The Greater Vancouver Motorsport Hall of Fame was held on Oct 9th ,, Some well known rodders and racers were inducted The class of 2011

Bennett, Alec
Berrow, Tom
Burgess, Tom
Carlson, John

Heinonen, Taisto
Kerr, Lorne
Manson, Roger
McEwen, Harvey

Olson, Larry
Phillips, Bill
Prendergast, Al
Schwab, Arnie

Skinner, Leslie and Kevin
Taylor, Soon and McNicol
Underhill, Bob

Hi RJ,
As usual, a busy day. We lucked out with the weather so had some interesting show cars in the Croatian lot. I didn't take any photos. Hopefully some will show up that I can pass along.

Red and Chuck Robinson gave a bit of info at the beginning of the show. Chuck goes back to the late 1940s with his hot rodding and was the first BCCCA president. And Red, well we all know Red from the radio.

With more space for display material I had many scans of old magazines featuring Vancouver cars.

Saw Ralph, Al, Dave and a bunch of others from the oval world. Still recovering from the day. Sorry you couldn't make it. (At least I think you didn't make it. If I missed you then holy cow am I embarassed!)
cheers,
bp

Mike Melenchuck just sent me this slide photo of Roger's T...Mike's '36
Coupe and their mom's 58 Mercury convert. Note lake pipe's on mom's car.'
Photo taken at corner of King George Hwy and State Road

SnipImage.jpg

....great picture...any way you could in large the photo......thanks again.

I don't think the Treasure ever had an Olds engine, but I may be wrong.

Topsterguy, Tom has I think more than a dozen cars. Don't know if he ever drives them any more. Haven't seen him in years. He was a staple at Family Affair in Chilliwack for years. He really likes T's. I've got to make a point of looking him up next time I am out there. Pat.

Here is another Island car from Victoria. Dave "Spook" Whitehead owned a lot of rods over the years. This one was featured in Car Craft in 64 or 65 as one of the top ten of the year.

scan0079-1.jpg

Here is the same car on a car lot in Burnaby in the early 70's

scan0008.jpg

To doesn't drive ANYthing anymore - just gets hot rods that SHOULD be on the road , sticks them away somewhere, and lets them rot. He bought back the 32 coupe that he and his brother had years ago and it hasn't been seen since. What a waste of good hot rods.

Ron (no fenders)

That chopped '50 coupe I have some photos of in my shop somewhere.
I don't remember it at the coast in the 50's 60's but it came to Prince
George in the late 70's, early 80's and was owned by a local painter/bodyman for a time. It was blue and white, then was sold to a guy at 150 Mile House and I used to see it sitting at an old service station next to the 150 watering hole....
Then it appeared at Family affair in the late 80's. It was showing lots of problems even then.

I will try and link a photo here.....

5026e74_20.jpeg

Frank

I thought this thread had some Treasure photos and Harry Deschevsky's pickup like on page 1 or 2 or so......

Last edited:
Anyone got any good pics of the Treasure, Cort Elliots 52 Chev,,Harry Dashevskys(coupe)? or any other great BC cars
Frank, go up to the search option & enjoy! These and way more of our cars & info from the '50's/'60's have been posted over the years on this site!

I read though this entire thread looking for more info on this car but couldnt find it. Was this car in a magazine?

Ron (no fenders)

That chopped '50 coupe I have some photos of in my shop somewhere.
I don't remember it at the coast in the 50's 60's but it came to Prince
George in the late 70's, early 80's and was owned by a local painter/bodyman for a time. It was blue and white, then was sold to a guy at 150 Mile House and I used to see it sitting at an old service station next to the 150 watering hole....
Then it appeared at Family affair in the late 80's. It was showing lots of problems even then.

I will try and link a photo here.....

5026e74_20.jpeg

Frank

I thought this thread had some Treasure photos and Harry Deschevsky's pickup like on page 1 or 2 or so......

This thread deserves a bump.....especially considering the Victoria area
rod thread......