Canadian cars in U.S. mags 50's and 60's

Here is one for the Alberta guys. An A coupe from the early 60's. Anyone recognize it?

gm_00051.jpg

gm_00053.jpg

gm_00054.jpg

Hillmans and Austins in Vancouver

Great shots of the rodded Hillman and Austin ,parked all together.There was quite a few hot rodded English cars around Van. and the Valley back in the sixties.Anglias weren't the only candidates,but not many other makes seemed to have survived .I remember this guy in Mission that put a 312 Ford into a Vanguard and raced it at Westwood,a real one of a kind but went pretty good.
Austins were kind of neat but terrible stock suspension and very easy to roll as I once found out.
Dan

Bringing this back to the top.

Any one got some more info, photos, mag articles to post??

Fordnutz???

Pat, this race car sat at the bottom of the hill ,going up to Barnhartvale (Kamloops) in the early eighties. I didn't know who owned it.

This was originally owned by Jim Grant, i just heard he has just bought it back.

Here is another old hot rod that has been around forever. Jim Winters 26 T.
This a picture from the seventies,

Brianspictures803.jpg

And this is how it looks today, Jim has had this car on the road since '64 i believe.
I painted it for him in '80.

IMG_0726.jpg

Brian

Richard's dads name is Gary Nelson and he is still into Model A's and was at
the Old Car Centre bBQ when the Canadianrodder tour came thru in July.
He went to my school but was a couple years ahead of me. He had a channelled fenderless A tudor with a flatty. This photo of his car from my high
school annual. Semiahoo High in White Rock, B.C.

scan0001.jpg

I had coffee with Gary yesterday, he hauled the A coupe back up to Winfield for the new owner. Was interesting hearing some stories of the old days.

Got to work on my scanner this week. I have a whack of new mag articles to post. Brian, Jim Winter also has his 32 Ford 2-door from back in high school. Do you have any pics of it. I know I saw one somewhere. Pat.

Jim Winter has done a lot of work towards establishing a no fenders law here in B.C. He is the driving force behind the whole effort, so if you see him, give a big "thank you".

Jim used to do automotive wiring as well....

His business card said " Winters wire works""does yours?" lol

ya have to think about that one:):):):)

N/F, I thought he said '64, but you may be right. I see him at lunch on Wed. quite often i'll ask him. Another guy and i rode home from Seattle in that pick up box back in '74! That was an adventure.
I have only seen the 32 once, when he brought it to lunch just before Deuce Days.
He is absolutely dedicated to working on this no-fender law, and he says things are going well.

Anybody know this car?

This car was featured in a magazine in the early 1960's. It was rescued from an auto wrecker in the interior of BC in the early 90's and resurfaced as shown around 2001 in Williams Lake after an 8 year rebuild. Not sure of the original colour or finish but it sure took home a lot of trophy's the way it is now.

52chev.jpg

on page 4 roadster

WOW! No one would ever recognise Gordie's roadster now. More of a resto-rod, and the quality has really improved a lot.[/QUOTE]

(page 4) When Norm abrahams own the roadster where did he live in 70-71 and do you know where he got it?? ( if this is my old roadster would like to know??)

Norm lived on Rose or Rosewood in Burnaby back when he had the roadster. I don't know where he got it or from who. Pat.

This car was featured in a magazine in the early 1960's. It was rescued from an auto wrecker in the interior of BC in the early 90's and resurfaced as shown around 2001 in Williams Lake after an 8 year rebuild. Not sure of the original colour or finish but it sure took home a lot of trophy's the way it is now.

52chev.jpg

67Sprint

That car is sure familiar to me. Will have to search thru my little mags to see if I can spot it. The fins are unusual on that car, so that is what sticks in my memory.

I think this car, or one very similar was parked in a farm yard between Penticton and OK Falls this was a couple years ago

52chev.jpg