Canadian cars in U.S. mags 50's and 60's

That car is sure familiar to me. Will have to search thru my little mags to see if I can spot it. The fins are unusual on that car, so that is what sticks in my memory.

The car is a 52 Chev and I think the rear quarters are from a 57 Pontiac.

I think this car, or one very similar was parked in a farm yard between Penticton and OK Falls this was a couple years ago.

The owner relocated from Williams Lake to the Okanogan shortly after he finished the car so it probably is the one you saw.

Here are some color pics. The car supposedly still exists on the island today. Pat.

scan0067-1.jpg

_MG_2657.jpg

_MG_2659.jpg

_MG_2639-1.jpg

This car sure is similar to one, from the collection of cranberry farmer Glenn May in Richmond, BC. May actually be the same car. I tried to post the pics, but it seems I'm not allowed to post attachments. Too bad since I have over 50,000 pics on my hard drive, including pics from Ontario from the 50's right up to my days as a crew member in the TA/FC ranks for GM Goodwrench. How many posts do I need before I can post pics?

Last edited:
editted:

I tried to post the pics, but it seems I'm not allowed to post attachments. Too bad since I have over 50,000 pics on my hard drive, including pics from Ontario from the 50's right up to my days as a crew member in the TA/FC ranks for GM Goodwrench. How many posts do I need before I can post pics?

One can not post directly but must transfer them to either photobucket or flicker first, then copy over to the CR forum.

Would love to see the pics from the 50's.

29bowtie

Boy, I sure would like to see some of your photo collection.

THere is a photo instruction thread at the bottom of the main menu.
I use photobucket for my photos.

If you have any problems, real knowledgeable guys like Darryl and Brian will chirp in.....

similar car

Gramps just posted somthing about dance tickets, if you go to the nelsonroadkings.com site then go to photo gallery then look at Queen City Tour 09 pics there is a very similar car shown.

This car was featured in a magazine in the early 1960's. It was rescued from an auto wrecker in the interior of BC in the early 90's and resurfaced as shown around 2001 in Williams Lake after an 8 year rebuild. Not sure of the original colour or finish but it sure took home a lot of trophy's the way it is now.

52chev.jpg

This car was featured in a magazine in the early 1960's. It was rescued from an auto wrecker in the interior of BC in the early 90's and resurfaced as shown around 2001 in Williams Lake after an 8 year rebuild. Not sure of the original colour or finish but it sure took home a lot of trophy's the way it is now.

52chev.jpg

I recall a Chevy similar to this in Vernon, in the late 50's and early 60's. It was built by the Ogasawara brothers. Hiroshi and Toshio. They lived on the
old Kamloops road, just north of the race track. Any original Camjammers remember this car?

Bgbkwndo.

After doing a little more digging, just received an e-mail back from an old friend in Comox. He too, was a friend of Toshio Ogasawara in Vernon, and related these memories of that custom. He is quite sure the Vernon car we speak of was either a 1951 or 1952 Chev tudor. In the day it was two tone green, and green interior. The rear tail-lites looked like 1956 merc or meteor
and all metal work was oxy-acetylene "hammer welded" and leaded.

Bgbkwndo.

This is the Pineapple Princess, featured in Rod and Custom in the 60's. This was taken at Superrun in Saskatoon in the early 2000's and the car is unchanged. It sold and disappeared now. Pat.

Aug18_16.jpg

Apparently The Pineapple Princess still lives, its in a museum in Massachusetts. And it still remains unchanged.

It was originally built in Calgary before being moved to Saskatoon.

The Rod Shop in Calgary has been asked to build a clone of it. However, instead of a 392 hemi, it will be with a 354 hemi.
Of course, it won't have the rare cross-ram blower.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that the gold deuce had a 354 in it when the crazy old guy north of Yorkton had it. 6-53 blower with one Holly three barrel out the side.

Pretty sure that the gold deuce had a 354 in it when the crazy old guy north of Yorkton had it. 6-53 blower with one Holly three barrel out the side.

mr57

Go to page 8 of this thread. There are a lot of photos of this car there and one car show shot from the 50's show the cross ram blower deal clearly.

I could be wrong. I WAS wrong once, a long time ago :) so I suppose it could have happened again. The guy from north of here that had the car was nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, so you didn't really want to linger too long around there.

....This is the picture I took back in 1978 when it was at the crazy old guys place. Unfortunatley he wouldn't unwrap it for me. In fact he didn't even want to talk to me. But then again he didn't shoot at me either. I can tell when I'm not wanted so I snapped a quick picture and hit the road. Kinda tough to tell whats on top of the engine, but it does look like two air cleaners...... ??? not sure....
Stan. .................................

img016.jpg