Canadian cars in U.S. mags 50's and 60's

Ron (no fenders)

That chopped '50 coupe I have some photos of in my shop somewhere.
I don't remember it at the coast in the 50's 60's but it came to Prince
George in the late 70's, early 80's and was owned by a local painter/bodyman for a time. It was blue and white, then was sold to a guy at 150 Mile House and I used to see it sitting at an old service station next to the 150 watering hole....
Then it appeared at Family affair in the late 80's. It was showing lots of problems even then.

I will try and link a photo here.....

5026e74_20.jpeg

Frank

I thought this thread had some Treasure photos and Harry Deschevsky's pickup like on page 1 or 2 or so......

Was this white with blue scallops? What did the front look like - poss quad headlights, poss 59 Chev? If so Bob Love from Victoria might have had it, and his son has it now in Vancouver.

Yup...it was white with blue......resided in Prince George back in the 70's/early 80's then 150 mile house area.....

Lloyd Gregorowich owns it now and Norm Abrahams is interested in it. Yes,was blue and white and has quad headlites.

Go to Page 3 then page 8 and Page 32 of this thread to see photos of the original
Pineapple Princess roadster. This car has now apparently been copied and
is featured in a new thread under Alberta Events.

Last edited:
My head must be stuck somewhere dark. Some of those cars from the 60's look just as good or better to me than the fanciest, biggest buck rods of today. I think I'm glad I'm so out of touch with today though! I wouldn't sell that 34 either. The Roadster pickups look perfect to me and the 40 with the white interior on the previous page couldn't be improved on either.

Sheldon

Last edited:
40 chevy

OK, I hope I'm not hijacking your thread here though. The first two pics are of Ted Kwiatkowski's 34 then one of Roy DesJardins' 32 roadster (later oened by Billy Moore) notice the curved glass windshield! Paul Marion's chopped Chevy and a garage scene (meeting?) Enjoy!
TKcoupe.jpg

SoulierreKwiatkowskiCayuga.jpg

RoyDesjardinsBillyMoorefullfendered.jpg

RDesjardinsPaulMarionJoeStLouischop.jpg

PushRodsMeetingCarsareRoys40Chev-1.jpg

GaragesceneroadsteratthePushRodssho.jpg

anybody know what happened to the 40 chev

Does anyone know if this car is the same one from the magazine article. This was taken at the 67 Vancouver car show. This 3-window has a front bumper. I would like to know who owned it. Pat.

Van67.jpg

I think this could be John Shaneman's 34. He was from the north shore, I went to his place in 1968 to see the car and I think it was in the British Properties. His car was candy red and had a well dressed 331 Cad with a Packard (I think) trans. I met John at BCIT. I don't think he drove it much as I never saw it on the street.

Looks like Bill Traquair's Chev in the background, so I'll ask him what he knows when I see him next. John.

I think this could be John Shaneman's 34. He was from the north shore, I went to his place in 1968 to see the car and I think it was in the British Properties. His car was candy red and had a well dressed 331 Cad with a Packard (I think) trans. I met John at BCIT. I don't think he drove it much as I never saw it on the street.

Looks like Bill Traquair's Chev in the background, so I'll ask him what he knows when I see him next. John.
We were over this in the early pages of this thread. & also mid pages. Grant Hannay around 1961.