39 Willys coupe project

Well today I finally got the front axle all rebuilt and back in the car with the Wilwood discs. Which also meant I could finally put the front wheels on it for the first time. I also found what I thought was quite a unique piece and added that as well, not sure if it is bigger than I would like it to be for the car though, what is it? A rear view mirror with a built in thermometer.
DSCN4255.JPG
DSCN4263.JPG
DSCN4270.JPG
DSCN4260.JPG
DSCN4261.JPG

Thanks for peekin in.... have a great weekend!

excellent looking, but where did you find such a treasure of a rear view mirror with a thermometer?

excellent looking, but where did you find such a treasure of a rear view mirror with a thermometer?
It rolled through here on a friends purchase on a parts 34 tudor, when he decided to sell it I asked him about the mirror, he let me take it off and keep it. I have never seen another one, however I am sure there are quite a few someplace?

Bash, great car, but I gotta say,,, front wheels, imo , style is too new. Cool bias tires, cool stance, incredible build, your talent is amazing.
Fred

Bash, great car, but I gotta say,,, front wheels, imo , style is too new. Cool bias tires, cool stance, incredible build, your talent is amazing.
Fred
Fred these are the ones I am still looking for, not much success either. The ARTTD's are what I had so using them for now. Neither wheel is what I wanted, Radir bullet spokes is what I would love to find and Radir slotted on the rear.

window_slotted_wheel.jpg

radir_bullet_spoke.jpg

Theres a guy in WA state that has a lot a old stuff. Thought I had a bookmark but haven't found it yet.
Really dig the dream wheels!
Fred

Hey bash if you find something in Washington I’m hoping to head down there this August if the border is open. You could have them shipped to my daughters and I could drop them off on the way home...but in mid October...just a thought...just a option...and yes I will want to sit in your Willys and have my pictures taken..eh..

This guy
Fred I have perused his inventory many times, as it does change, however have never seen even one 15x4 Radir bullet spoke. I have even contacted the foundry (where they were made) twice only to finally get a response of "well if you got enough orders perhaps they would cast some". Never mentioning what "enough" might be, but chances of a bunch of folks wanting 15x4's are pretty slim! :(

Well I spent the weekend working on the project for a change. Saturday I spent ALL day fighting with a go pedal and linkage,, I know, it sounds like a pretty simple task right! I've done tons of them. However it beat me. I designed and redesigned it so many times, either it just plain didn't work, it bound up someplace, or the tension wasn't enough for returning. Of course it didn't help that I was fixated on using this old shoe shaped pedal, which wasn't lite. I fought with it all day Saturday till 8 pm then finally gave up. However, not before I did get the cable and return figured out and working proper, all that was left was to make the pedal work. As it turns out it only took me about half an hour on Sunday to finish it up, it always helps to come at something with a fresh attitude after some time out.
DSCN4339.JPG
I am not completely happy with the look of this bracket, but It works for now, I can always redesign something more pleasing to the eye later.
DSCN4340.JPG
DSCN4341.JPG
DSCN4343.JPG
One other problem I had was that there was nothing to retain the pedal from flopping off the roller , it would flip back, so I made an aluminium channel for the roller to slide in, another thing that was binding at first.
DSCN4342.JPG

So that done it left the rest of Sunday to fab up a chute mount that would bolt to the rear bumper.

Last edited:
So my Sunday consisted of an attempt at making a chute mount that could bolt on. I didn't get it finished but did get one mocked up so I could have a look at it and decide if I liked it or not.
DSCN4347.JPG
DSCN4346.JPG
DSCN4345.JPG

Well that was my weekend thanks for peekin in.