1962 Triumph Roadster Project

This photo gives you an idea how much the Ford rear has to be narrowed.
Stock one at bottom and modified at top.

Dave

Nope..... a car friend who moved to Chilliwack a few years back got it from his
neighbour who was going to put it in an Austin Healy.....All new and rebuilt
and a traction lok to boot. Someone talked the guy into putting an IRS in the Healy. Never been used. Cheaper than buying new axles.......:)

More work in the garage today. I finished the driver side front suspension and
placed it all in a plastic tub so as not to mix parts with the pass side. Some do not switch !!!
Second photo is more pass side suspension prior to painting, new bushings, etc.
Jim R knocked the old brackets off the rear and welded new perches to fit the TR4. We spent some time getting the pinion angle organized.

Just read this thread and I have to admit I love the Ford drivetrain, different than the norm, and a 302 is considerably narrower than the GM counterpart :D
Keep up the good work and hope to see this sometime in the future.

So I am in New Zealand on a tour and there are three other rodders in the group...one from the UK and two from Australia. One of the Aussies among other things has a 1962 Daimler SP250 roadster. I have only seen a couple of
these over the years. 2.5 L Hemi V8 on a Triumph TR3A chassis with same suspension components as TR3 and TR4........so V8 swaps into Triumph chassis is not a NEW thing.....I learned something new today.......can't wait
to get home and back on the project.

So I am in New Zealand on a tour and there are three other rodders in the group...one from the UK and two from Australia. One of the Aussies among other things has a 1962 Daimler SP250 roadster. I have only seen a couple of
these over the years. 2.5 L Hemi V8 on a Triumph TR3A chassis with same suspension components as TR3 and TR4........so V8 swaps into Triumph chassis is not a NEW thing.....I learned something new today.......can't wait
to get home and back on the project.

Keith, I guess you are enjoying your trip. Those Daimlers are rare and would you believe it, there is one here in Newfoundland. I've got to make it a point to see if I can have a look at it again and get the story on it and maybe a few pics.

Camara33 just took a shot at me as to what was happening. And, yup, I deserved it.....haha
Frame is going to shop on Thursday, then sandblasting, then Jim is going to
go over the spring hat welds, then paint, and assembly.

Photos soon I Promise........:)

Took my frame down to Stan's shop on Thursday. This is what it looked like
when I dropped it off. Today at noon, he called and said come and get it.
Stan(353window) and Russ (rustytin) worked on it this am. Russ will post photos shortly

Honest, I am working on the thing. Photos soon. Stupid hobby anyway !!!!

Well, am finally caught up on other aspects of my busy life and back at the
TR chassis.
My wife and I installed the rear yesterday and I am now laying out the left front suspension components......now.....what goes where ???

You will note the rear axle is sitting on the rails. Once weight is installed, engine, body etc it will separate, I promise. Underslung chassis.....kinda weird to work on.