1962 Triumph Roadster Project

Finally have my chassis mostly assembled. These photos show how this car has an "underslung" chassis. Those front A arms will be parallel to the ground once weight is onboard. The rear will also separate with weight.

Looking good Keith, an excitting time when you don't want to stop and go in the house, good progress, did they have a bump rubber between the diff and the Chassis, if I remeber right seeing underslung cars that they did have them but maybe not your TR. Will you also be fitting a sway bar or tri bars for handling.

Well guys two and a half years into this project. Sometimes it seems it is taking forever, but my wife is happy that it is !! Haha

Put the engine/trans back in to fine tune fitment and check pinion angles and measure for a driveshaft, etc.

That's a pretty stout looking frame, Keith; should handle the upgraded horsepower adequately, methinks.

Dave.

Darryl.....already fitted the headers...they are Hedman's and I got them from Lee T who bought them at the swap meet a couple years back.:)

Keith I was at a guys place the other day who used to fit Toyota Hemi V8's into MX 5 Mazdas, he also chenged the rear fenders and manufactures his own front clip. These are certified etc but now he is doing these with the V12 Toyota engine which he says is a much easier fit up. Very interesting, I do have some photos and will have to get MGStumpy to show me how he downloaded them here last time for me so I can send them to you.

Thanks for the progress pic's on you car, very neat.

Oh yeah mate happy new year.

Oh sure !! I have to place a fairly large order with my BC Brit dealer who sources his stuff from Moss Motors in the US.(Their head office is in the UK).
My timing is always off....I wait until our $$$ is upside down to place the order.

Seems to me my timing was always off with some women too !!!:(

Thanks Matt.....I have a set of Jaeger/Smiths as well.
Going to go for more recent stuff.....running a 302 in this car......:)

OK guys.......life got in the way of the project and I will be posting up photos in a week or so with colour on it. The chassis restoration took way longer than anticipated and also absorbed "slightly" more $ than anticipated. Over time, over budget......some of you know what that is like :)

I am looking forward to some serious garage time this winter......timing of it coming home is perfect.

Just took these photos at Pat Moore's shop.
Should be all done by this time next week,