1962 Triumph Roadster Project

Here are the two rearends. The 8" ford is out of a 65 Falcon Wagon with a
3:25-1 ratio. It will have to be narrowed 4"per side..

i have heard that the first year 8" rears are the weak sister of the bunch, they were not very desirable but can,t remember why,the center section looked different or the drain plug missing were some of the ways to tell what you had

i have heard that the first year 8" rears are the weak sister of the bunch, they were not very desirable but can,t remember why,the center section looked different or the drain plug missing were some of the ways to tell what you had

taken from"all ford mustangs forum" the third member from 62-66 was the weakest versions, starting in 67 they revised with more vertical webbing on the case to strengthen it

Thanks, Steve.......I won't be leaning on this version much. Hopefully it works out ok. Lots of Mustangs/Falcons still using this version. My car will not have
much HP over stock. Plus I don't do burnouts or street race......:):)

I hear ya Darryl, but I think I will need an anchored pull for this deal.....;)

4 heavy duty J or Eye hooks screwed into the ceiling joists and 4 rachet straps from Costco or Cdn Tire. One at each corner. Easy to lift and lower, even hang while moving chassis or dolly in or out. Just make sure that the capacity of each strap is higher than 1/4 of the load.

A bare body isn't that heavy.

Canuck

Had to show you some British engineering. This is the driver's side suspension components. Ball joint top but a "trunnion" lower. The second
photo I have marked the trunnion with green tape. It is brass and the lower A arms attached to the outside and the spindle upright threads into the large
trunnion hole. And that is how it stays as the spindle turns back and forth
in the brass trunnion. AMC used this on some models up to the early 70's.
I am rebuilding all these components including 11" discs (which is stock on TR4).

Here is a trunnion removed from the assy. The dark big hole is where the upright threads into

I buy the parts in Kelowna BC from the dealer I bought the car from. They are the Canadian dealer for a huge British parts group in the US with a parent company In England. For example, the rust panels (floors) and most other stuff is made in the UK. Usual wait time for odd parts is 2 weeks or so.

A bit of an update.........Rob C (royalite on this forum) kindly delivered an
8" rear out of a 65 Falcon for me to narrow, etc. Then another rod friend who had moved to Chilliwack from PG called Tinmann to say he had a 51" wide
rear that had been done up for an Austin Healey. Later axle ('67 and up)
with a 3.0 gear set and Traction Lok to boot! All new seals, bearings, brakes, etc. The price was cheaper than I could buy axles for. Decision was made and
another friend was going down and picked it up and delivered it yesterday.
Hope I have not offended Royalite.........
Just have to change the bolt pattern in the axles/drums and weld on spring
pads to match the TR.

Had to show you some British engineering. This is the driver's side suspension components. Ball joint top but a "trunnion" lower. The second
photo I have marked the trunnion with green tape. It is brass and the lower A arms attached to the outside and the spindle upright threads into the large
trunnion hole. And that is how it stays as the spindle turns back and forth
in the brass trunnion. AMC used this on some models up to the early 70's.
I am rebuilding all these components including 11" discs (which is stock on TR4).

Keith........is that A-arm fabricated from tubing? Can you see inside anywhere, as it would be interesting to see the "root" of the weld.

Dave.