1962 Triumph Roadster Project

Keith, thinking you might be interested, I uploaded a few photos of my "Brit Roadster Deal". It was a six year body-off I did in my garage between '89-'96. The only thing I didn't do was paint. Needless to say, I had a load of time on my hands in those days even though I was still at big oil. After it went down the road, I started a 3-window highboy project...

Since the 4, (5/250) and 6 were very similar, I recognize a lot when I look at your photos.

Here's a few pics (scanned so quality isn't too good). Maybe I'll add a "before" and "during" at some point.

http://www.canadianrodder.com/forum/album.php?u=1

Last edited:
I like the TR3's .. 4's .. A's .. 6's .. GT6's and BugEyed Sprints.
I do not like the wedge shape of the 7's at all.
I don't recall ever seeing a 5.

bullet, the 5 and the 250 are the same 6 cyl. car except the 5 (in the UK) had fuel injection. It looked like a 4.

Thanks, Frank I will peruse those photos carefully.
As I understand it the TR4 frame and body tub is identical to the TR6.

My project is supposed to last at least 3 years (according to my wife).

This spring, late, I am going to order some patch panels and I have a fellow
lined up to do it. Then this fall, will pull off the body and focus on frame restoration as I cannot afford to delve into final prep and paint this year.

Appreciate your imput ! :)

Vanguard 49.....there is a British V8 forum site I think it is www.britishv8.org
which shows lots of MG conversions......302 Fords, 215 Rover/Buick, Chevy 6 and 8's, etc

Last edited:
That's a great project you've got there Keith. Some of those British bodies are cool and adding the power plant that you are makes it even better.
Hope you make better progress than your "plan" is. Thanks for the post & the pictures.

Frank, I also love the pics of your Brit roadster but "It Should Have Had A V8" :D:D
Just kidding, it is good the way you did it

Ewald, don't want to hijack Keith's thread but my project was essentially a pure restoration with some performance enhancements (headers, SS exhaust, etc.)

Well, I accomplished my tasks for the winter and last week ordered the two floor panels, left outer sill, left lower fender patch panels. Also ordered the
front valance panel, replacing the current one that is all beat up.
Once those arrive in Kelowna we will make a trip in our '54 wagon down there to pick em up....probably very early May, then the car will go out to Pat's place for him to do the repairs. We won't proceed past rust work then the car will come home and the body removed from the frame and frame restoration this fall/winter.....
More later....

Our Triumph is out at Pat Moore's place and he is installing new floor pans, outer and inner rockers and building the firewall. I went out on Thursday am and did NOT take my camera!! What a bonehead. We will be retrieving the car in a week or so and I promise some updated photos for sure. :)

Went out to look at the Triumph today. Pat Moore is doing the rust repairs and installed new floor pans, and inner and outer sills and a new firewall.
Will be picking it up in a couple of weeks........

As usual, Pat's workmanship is outstanding. Next, bring it home, take the body off the frame and start the chassis rebuild this fall/winter.

That is good progress there Keith, man that is going to be one fun car when you are ready to road test that, light and nimble.

Sheldon, yes it is. For those folks that do not know Brian, he has owned that 427/435 Vette for about 40 years, maybe more.