1962 Triumph Roadster Project

Been sick with Viral broncchitis for almost 2 mos. Been staring at the project, but am slowly picking away at a few things.

Photos in a couple of days....I promise:)

And I thought you were just slacking or to "smart" to get out in the PG freezing cold.
Nice work Keith. It is good to see a steady bearing on the long shaft.

And those nice antique wooden steering shafts are all the latest rage . A visit to the wrecking yard would get you some nice ujoints and splined shafts from a Honda or toyota or Mazda for a good price .. I got mine from a Honda from the bottom of the column where they go through the firewall to the Rack .. Nice stuff and cheap cause there's millions of them at every wrecker. And they have a Double D that fits up to a GM column with a bit of help.

Al.............I think my theme here is not about building a British Sports car
with an American V8..........it is about planning and planning and thinking out the problems of modifying old cars.
Lord knows, I have had to do things "twice" on past builds and even on this one I have had to change direction as I encountered roadblocks I had not counted on.

Thanks for the update Keith, now keep working in the shed, much warmer than outside and we don't want you getting crook again:)

finishing off the support bracket for the steering.

First photo, my version on the bottom, Jim's verson on the top......I used his

IMG_0415-1.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0418-1.jpg

fits like a glove Keith nice work!!

I'll be down some time in february hopfully see it in person

It always looks so easy in pictures...thanks for the great pictures, this is information I can use in the near future. Cool project Keith.:)

Yesterday I bought a set of Western Bullet Wheels from a buddy who used to run them on his 240Z. These wheels were originally designed for 240/260Z cars and Triumph TR4/TR6 so offsets are correct. I have gone from a 15" x 4.5" wheel to a
14" x 6" wheel. The Triumph hubcap centre will even work on the Bullet hubcaps.

IMG_0424-1.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Installed the Lokar shifter I got from the Old Car Centre.......short throw...
Only bought it so I could finish off transmission tunnel stuff. The original TR
cover was made of oil impregnated cardboard !!!! What were they thinking?
Replacement is ABS. I have to glue the modified cover back together now.

The car will now go into hibernation as I have accomplished what I set out to do this winter. Besides, out of $$....have to reroof our house this year...

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Hey, Jeff.....welcome aboard.
Got some photos yesterday of your radical offset car. Looking good.
Maybe I will try and post some photos up of it on, say, the PG Sprint and modified thread.....

You have heard of the expression "Mad dogs and Englishmen"? Imagine driving a TR-4 on the Island where it rains a lot and the transmission cover is cardboard? I eventually replaced mine with a steel one out of a TR-2. I have heard that they are making fiberglass replacements now.

Russ

You have heard of the expression "Mad dogs and Englishmen"? Imagine driving a TR-4 on the Island where it rains a lot and the transmission cover is cardboard?

Russ
That's why we used oil!!!!!:) Not so mad now huh?,anyway I reckon that part was an Australian option.

Last edited:
Great progress there Keith, that car will be a ton of fun.

Now that Trans tunnel, I know a guy in P.G. who might be able to make one at school out of sheet for you :)