1962 Triumph Roadster Project

Thanks Keith, yes I think he bought it in 74 it's a beautiful piece. Yours is looking good too Keith, will you be taking in the Father's day show this year? I'm currently gimped up so I'll be coming up for a few days and take the show in.

Sheldon

We will be at the show, Sheldon.
Not sure what car we are taking..........My son will take his blue '69 Vette
and I may take our '54 Wagon or the old '39Chevy.

OK, summer seems to have ended here in PG. Cool weather, showers, and just about got the garden and greenhouse dealt with for the winter. Although we still will have to rake leaves and clip all the dead flowers, etc. (this is my wife's deal, but I DO assist )..........like it or not.......:)

Spent a rainy afternoon putting Humphrey on jack stands and removing the front upper crossmember and ready to remove motor and tranny. Hope to have
the body off the frame by mid October....then sandblasting, going over some factory welds (not by me) and start the process of narrowing a Ford 8".

More info soon......

Life keeps getting in the way, but am back on the roadster and starting to get ready for a body/off lift. Just have to remove the rear outer fenders (with some partially hidden bolts)...and bumper brackets and brace the door openings.

Then a friend gave me a rack on wheels which the body will rest on........

Today, a half dozen guys came over after Hot Rod brekky and we lifted the body
off the frame.......just to dispel rumours that this is a unibody car and the frame needs boxing (not)......:)

Today, a half dozen guys came over after Hot Rod brekky and we lifted the body
off the frame.......just to dispel rumours that this is a unibody car and the frame needs boxing (not)......:)

I was wondering how I was going to lift the body off the '35 when the time comes. And you have given me the magic answer!

That looks like a nice strong chassis Keith, great progress, are you going to dip the body or just strip it etc.

Thanks for the update, that sure is an interesting project and will be a very neat thing when you are done.

I lifted the Studie body off and on the frame several times by myself.
The rear of the car was light, so I could lift it and kick 2 saw horses under the corners.
I then used a come-a-long on the firewall ( without the front clip attached ) and hoist it up high enough to roll the frame out.
Then I'd lower the front down onto horses. I'm sure you could do the same with the '35.

I lifted the Studie body off and on the frame several times by myself.
The rear of the car was light, so I could lift it and kick 2 saw horses under the corners.
I then used a come-a-long on the firewall ( without the front clip attached ) and hoist it up high enough to roll the frame out.
Then I'd lower the front down onto horses. I'm sure you could do the same with the '35.

That's a good idea, but I like Bgbkwndo's idea much better! :D

Well, I have the frame all stripped out and getting ready to take it down to Stan and Cal's bodyshop. The left front corner, lower fulcrum points have taken a small hit.....they have a frame jig and hopefully it will be a simple
pull. Then to the sandblasters...