1933 Chevy Standard Coupe Project

Rough fit

This is the first rough fit for the fenders. This is also when I found the frame issues.
bgE7QB1.jpg

bwNe0Qj.jpg

npRvFmX.jpg

Because this is mini tubbed the rear fenders had to be trimmed, I also had to change the way it bolted on also I used a lot of bolts in case welting is not going to be used.
twSoU6s.jpg

3qsAnvx.jpg

thanks for peeking in

Bash

Last edited:
Then stripped the front fenders and took them in to be dipped.
I6V8hvH.jpg

Thanks again for peeking in

Bash

Last edited:
Well got the fenders back from the dipper now to clean them up and epoxy them.
2E068Kf.jpg

a1Rk8On.jpg

hTfdUTs.jpg

itzcUJl.jpg

00CecJb.jpg

next project is to mount them and decide what to do with the frame horns.

thanks for peekin in

Bash

Last edited:
Well I have come up with a solution to the frame horn issue. Partial rebuild and a three sided cut and pull in toward the middle. One of the dimensions given on manufacture was 24 inches so that's what they are now. Still have some welding to do but this is a rough fit.
voIi56U.jpg

dMrEMeA.jpg

I am much happier now the bumper mount makes more sense and it actually looks like its going to fit not bad. :)

Bash

Last edited:
update

Well got a bit more done on the Chevy, made new corners filled and fixed the gas tank cover panel and made a right side tail light from a left side and mounted them on the rear fenders.
GOKpn0o.jpg

zwycvYz.jpg

EC2s0TV.jpg

Also have the door latches squared away all working well.
3ctLxNg.jpg

CTy9HQ9.jpg

As she sits today
F3RQeah.jpg

thanks for peeking in

Bash

Last edited:
Does anyone out there know if there is a big difference between the first gen blocks (SBC) and the new LS blocks as in length or length to mount or??? I am not familiar with the new stuff at all. The reason I ask is that I was sure that I was told this thing was set up for a SBC with a turbo 350 trans..... well I set one in to make sure for floor/firewall clearances and the trans mount holes are a good six inches away from the mount on the tranny! So now I am wondering just what it is set up for? Even a SBC with a 700R is only about 2 inches longer.. any ideas guys? :confused:

Thanks
Bash :confused:

This is a photo of said trans mount. You can see the bottle jack well it is under the tranny mount on the trans. The two holes you can see in the cross member mount are about six inches away??
2WsGazY.jpg

CH0Wrbu.jpg

Bash

Last edited:
Mystery solved

Well got this thing figured out it is a first gen block with a 200R trans. I did not realize there was so much difference in mounting placement between the turbo 350 and the 200R. Seems to be about 6 inches! Anyway the mock up is in and the bonus part to it is that the distributor fits with no major mods to the fire wall. Bonus! Also got to move the floor brace forward enough to allow better access to the master cylinder.

CIMG8634_zpsa42b540f.jpg

CIMG8636_zps54ccbf67.jpg

CIMG8637_zps2ee7f765.jpg

Thanks for peeking in

Bash

Bash, the 2004R and the TH400 both have the same distance from the bellhousing to the trans mount. I have a chart in my shop that outlines all the GM trans dimensions. I have a turbo 400 in my Acadian, but. am looking for a 2004R.

Bash, the 2004R and the TH400 both have the same distance from the bellhousing to the trans mount. I have a chart in my shop that outlines all the GM trans dimensions. I have a turbo 400 in my Acadian, but. am looking for a 2004R.

Woodbutcher my tranny guy talked me out of a 200, he said that they were hard to adjust and at that time hard to find parts for however after market is now picking up some of the slack. Also that for the speedo gear to be changed the whole trans has to be gutted as the tail stock does not come off like others do. Although I suppose today with all the electric speedos its not as big a deal either. But I went with a 700 anyway.

Bash

Last edited: