1933 Chevy Standard Coupe Project

Bash, great work and lots of talent in this build. Can you provide us with the particulars on the rear end, year ,make, etc , stock brake setup or aftermarket? Just looks like a nice, neat setup.

Thanks
Brian

Thanks guys I appreciate the support.. It's going to be a long project. Bracketeer as for the rear end set up,, sorry the fella supplied the chasis. I do know that its out of the "Rod Shop" I believe out of the states someplace, sorry that's all I know for sure. However I could do some measuring and asking of questions if you would like?

Bash

The timber out of the trunk skin cleaned and awaiting epoxy
b2QTmMM.jpg

Found this under some lead while stripping the body not sure what it was all about? A 2" carriage bolt through the roof?
QhQZwBv.jpg

TZBzh4I.jpg

repair done
MfHId8K.jpg

on to the rest of the body
sOgikfP.jpg

tpwkBNE.jpg

WZId8fs.jpg

NbuNfJw.jpg

Then just when I got the epoxy on he decided he wanted it chopped!!!:eek:

Thanks again for peeking in and all your positive comments

Bash

Last edited:
Boy, I don't know the time lines on the build to this date but you sure are making progress.....looks absolutely awesome.

Don't chop it !

Pie Chop

Well it was decided that it would get a pie cut 2" in the rear and 2 1/2" in the front,, so here it goes. Sorry Keith..
fOetZkq.jpg

06rS0Hp.jpg

vBw2yB7.jpg

Fgo4wmX.jpg

J8fk6ZF.jpg

xtgk36b.jpg

Next project the inner door, window channel and trunk lid.
zOU5l8t.jpg

But that's going to have to wait I am off to go sit on the beach with refreshments in hand and Bikinis in sight..:cool:

Bash

Last edited:
Very happy to see the chop was only a small one, and I must admit it looks pretty damned good. Not much doubt that this will be a first class car when finished.

Looking back at the first pic you posted, it's amazing what your talents have accomplished Bash! Great save, and I agree with Cocobolo, a tastful chop.

Bgbkwndo.

Traded this
4XOcT8D.jpg

For this
ZYDcsEt.jpg

rBUU3Hf.jpg

At least for a little while anyway..:cool:

It's rough I know. Lol

Bash

Last edited:
Cabos John traded the shop work,snow and freezing temps for the sun sand and surf for a few weeks.:cool:

Posted from Cabos and the wife's I Pad.

Oh and yes I did already get sunburnt:(
I know serves me right but I was wearing sunscreen... Really!

Bash

You took all the Chevy out of the Chevy! Lots of work there replacing all that wood.

Glad to see another Chev making it back on the road.