1933 Chevy Standard Coupe Project

Bash...get some sun and heat for me !!! If my hide gets any whiter I'll look like Casper !!

I am trying Old Tin, but I am afraid I haven't seen the sun for such a long time I kinda look like a balooga whale stuck on the beach and turning pink!:eek:

Bash

Some progress

Made some head way since the return to winter, got the inner doors, window track and door handles squared away.
mH8iB5R.jpg

7LgZVGN.jpg

1LuatLQ.jpg

And the inner trunk structure and support.
zDTSbip.jpg

QD7q3wT.jpg

thanks for peekin in

Bash

Last edited:
Major snag

Well I seem to have run into a major snag on the Chevy.. I hung the sheet metal for rough fit and tried to figure out the front bumper mounting process.. nothing made any sense to me I just couldn't see it?? So I went onto the wise all knowing inter web and tried to cypher out what I was not seeing. After many half a$$ed some what illuminating photos the nearest I could figure is that when they built the chassis they put the right rail on the left side and vise versa?? The ends of the rail should curve in towards the middle to line up with the notches in the front fenders. These ones curve out and are no where even close to where they should be!!
I6V8hvH.jpg

In this one you can see just how far out the frame rail is, it should line up with the two half round holes in the front of the fenders.. near as I could tell anyway?
2drb7HF.jpg

this one to shows how far out it is?
1Zxs3Yn.jpg

:confused:Bash

Last edited:
Well that bites, but seems like an easy modification to bring the horns in.
Would they line up if you cut the horns off and switched them from side to side.

Last edited:
Oh Oh it looks like you have to fix someone else's cock up Bash, hey mate knowing you though you'll have her done in no time, what a pain in the Arse though when you think all will just go back together straight forward.

Yikes!! Well as much of a pain that would be, i believe in your hands it will come out looking amazing! Thanks for the updates, empowering us keyboard bandits. I know if that was my find, i would be down in the dumps....unless Kustomshoebox was standing there as well....he would have the sawzall nipping an tucking before I had a chance to wonder about the fix!! It's only steel says the "Welder"!
Have a great day!
Greg

Comparing those frame horns to the original, they look like they were fabbed up and not original at all.

Comparing those frame horns to the original, they look like they were fabbed up and not original at all.

No, your right it is an after market chassis.. sorry did not mean to give the impression that it was a stock rail or chassis. Was manufactured as a street rod chassis for a 33 chev.

Bash

Last edited:
...geez, that seems to be taking extreme liberties with the original dimensions. Maybe the frame was intended for a fenderless style where the front valence would not have been used? Anyway, with your talents, you can rectify anything....

No, your it is an after market chassis.. sorry did not mean to give the impression that it was a stock rail or chassis. Was manufactured as a street rod chassis for a 33 chev.

Bash

That would certainly explain the difference. But Chevy did start to spread the horns like that a few years later so perhaps the builders used some later dimensions. Either that, or they concocted their own. I wonder if it was perhaps to fit a fiberglass body of their own manufacture???

Superb work as always brother This is from 34 but may help.
34crm104.jpg

From old chevrolet manual project.

Thanks Slim,,, now looking at this it would seem that it is a 34 standard frame? So not really sure what it really is just that it doesn't work the way it is, so its going to need some thing.

Bash