What did you do today-2024

A bit more progress...........still looking for fenders, especially a passenger rear for this 1935 ford sedan.....wanna be coupe build....lol
IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6346.jpg
IMG_6347.jpg
IMG_6348.jpg

Thoughts of hiding under dashes makes my head spin and stomach qweezy…

Picked up my modified exhaust pipe from the muffler shop today. I took it to them after I cut the tube from the down pipe to exhaust tip about where the transmission crossmember is. The entire piece was welded complete, including the triangulated mounting ‘tabs’; there was no way it would come out from under the truck….couldn’t even ‘thread’ it over the rear axle due to the mounting tabs and ‘curves’ of the assembly. I will bring the truck to them once the roads are ‘nice’ so they can do the same mod to the passenger side.
Now the rad and heater core, all new hoses and the rebuilt steering box/column are all ready for re-install. Hopefully this weekend.

Now that I have an engine on the stand, I see that it isn't designed right! The "engineer " doesn't deserve his Christmas bonus!

Attachments

• 20240228_115613.jpg
    20240228_115613.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 47
Friday .. have breakfast --plow driveway
Saturday .. have breakfast -- plow driveway
Think of movie "Groundhog Day"

I've lived that ! Back in 2011, from Jan 15th thru to Feb 15th, we had snow EVERY DAY :(

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the novelty wore of the day before the first snowfall :).....

Friday ... had breakfast...watched the wife shovel the driveway
Saturday. had breakfast .... watched the wife snow blow the driveway
I let her store the snow blower in the shop while I work on my car so it will start easy for her for the second round shortly.
She doesn't realize how good she has it :)

Temperature reached 21 here today. We are usually buried in snow this time of year. Buick needed some gas so I went and put $40 bucks in the car and went for a drive that ended up being way longer than I intended. Windows all the way down and the warm air blowing though what hairs I have left. Got home almost out of gas again but I would never thought I would be out driving this time of year…a good day for sure...

Friday ... had breakfast...watched the wife shovel the driveway
Saturday. had breakfast .... watched the wife snow blow the driveway
I let her store the snow blower in the shop while I work on my car so it will start easy for her for the second round shortly.
She doesn't realize how good she has it :)
Hahahah.you had better hope that this post doesn’t get leaked to her..hahaha

Today I spent a couple hours on my back working on the 55; steering bits under the truck including the pitman arm all tightened up as well as the exhaust re installed…happy days, now it can be lowered back to the ground for finishing up the trans cooler, heater box and rad installs.
IMG_1118.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg

No room inside to work on it? lol

On a serious note, in that first picture, the left front spring looks janky. Maybe have a closer look at it.

Lincoln saw daylight today after 4-1/2 yrs in the shop. Shakedown went well. very happy. a few small issues to take care of but all in all a great day!
IMG_20240318_215211.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240318_215224.jpg
    IMG_20240318_215224.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 31