What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That test stand looks great! I need to get at making one to test an old 401 nailhead thats been sitting in the corner for over 12 yrs . Still not sure what I've got so I' need to run it and see.

I also like the engine run-stand...i like them period, a cool shop toy. Keep us up to date as it progresses please.
Very cool,
Greg

Thanks! Got the stand finished up yesterday, and wrapped up a few finishing touches this afternoon. Here's what she looks like now. Definitely a fun build!

Pretty fancy exhaust system for a test stand. Nice set up. What's wrong with open headers?

There's a Canadian company that builds a portable engine test stand for around $1200.

Pretty fancy exhaust system for a test stand. Nice set up. What's wrong with open headers?

There's a Canadian company that builds a portable engine test stand for around $1200.

Thanks! I ran it with open headers yesterday for a bit, but I found a good deal on the mufflers on kijiji this morning (2 new mufflers for $15.00) so couldn't resist. Although the open headers sound awesome it is nice to be able to hear what's going on with the motor, and a little more bearable soundwise when I start it inside the shop during the winter haha. Six bolts and the mufflers are off when I wanna make some noise :)

Really nice stand. Glad to see you've got it running already. Nice to have that youthful energy. Keep it up, and you'll have that car on the road in no time.

And now it's got the Winters on..
IMG_1269.JPG

Not today, but last weekend.
Decided it was about time I started playing with the wheels and tires like dad used to do.
By%2520ButchHenry2014.jpg

Saturday

ByBownessAuto2014.jpg

Sunday

One more set to go...

I like the last photo the best. Red wheels, black walls......:)

My personal favorite too, I just wish the rears were a wee bit taller.

Both those tires and the poly's suck in snow though, hence putting on the Centerlines and BFG's At least this winter when I move it out of the garage to gain some temporary space or go for that desperately needed once a month run around the block, I'll be able to get it back into the garage easier.

Just put your snowmobile suit and a set of tire chains to terrorize the neighborhood this winter....:D

Russ

A great day in Prince George today, so took our annual "fall foliage tour" to find some leaves and sunshine. The Impala ran great......:)

Spending 'spare' time in the garage trying to get the last out-of-province inspection items corrected. Hurdles, man there are more hurdles in this hobby than i recall on the high school track n field course!!
Emergency brake system installed, factory parts from our 4dr (now parts car) as well as all new cables...only to find they will not work due to current location of the mufflers. Grrrr, so back to the drawing board; perhaps a hydraulic system to tee in?
Removal of recently installed but failed 'yellow' door seal glue so i can re-install the trunk seal with black 3m glue.
Then lastly still need to instal the under dash electric wiper motor, as the factory vacuum or electric under the hood system will not fit with the engine/tunnel ram....
Keep looking outside as each nice day passes thinking only a few more hours to wrench before re-inspection...hurdle......get back at it.
Greg

Seriously,.... they failed it on the type of rubber glue used for the trunk lid? I have had vehicle inspection qualifications since they started in BC and I can see the emergency brake and windshield wipers part, but the type of glue is just BS. You should have asked to see that regulation in the motor vehicle book.

Russ

Greg, I seem to remember the e-brake cables rested on the mufflers or pipes stock on those cars. Should be fine. How does the under dash wiper work? They were cable operated through a transmission in the center. I was supposed to be in Red Deer to go to the swap meet and work on Dana's T before pulling the body and bringing it home to do the bodywork on it. Will pick it up later, maybe February after the Lethbridge swap. Lots to do here before the snow hits.

Hoops and Hurdles .... the exciting new rodder board game by Benther & Dundat

Last edited:
Hahahaha, bullet!

Pat, we will see ya soon then; same here getting ready for the snow is a task as usual at this time of year. The under dash wiper works similarly as the motor is center mounted with rigid links to the wiper pivots.

Russ, maybe I could have written that better...as usual ;)
The problem with the glue, it did not hold the seal on as it should have. The feds are not concerned with what color ya use...I may have to use rivets, bolts or screws if this doesn't work.....laughing.

I am looking to create some clearance and work the stockish system....more later, pictures if its worthy.
Greg

Seriously,.... they failed it on the type of rubber glue used for the trunk lid? I have had vehicle inspection qualifications since they started in BC and I can see the emergency brake and windshield wipers part, but the type of glue is just BS. You should have asked to see that regulation in the motor vehicle book.

Russ

Unbelievable!!

Bash

Hahahaha, bullet!

Pat, we will see ya soon then; same here getting ready for the snow is a task as usual at this time of year. The under dash wiper works similarly as the motor is center mounted with rigid links to the wiper pivots.

Russ, maybe I could have written that better...as usual ;)
The problem with the glue, it did not hold the seal on as it should have. The feds are not concerned with what color ya use...I may have to use rivets, bolts or screws if this doesn't work.....laughing.

I am looking to create some clearance and work the stockish system....more later, pictures if its worthy.
Greg

Maybe glue the black rubber seal down with a bead of urethane windshield adhesive. That stuff sticks incredible and will be less noticeable than the yellow. :D

Russ

We are having a bunch of rodders around for a general B.S. session, we all used to get together every Friday but because we have alll been busy with life the group kind of drifted away from our every Friday night get togethers so today at lunch time most of us will be getting here at home for a few laughs and B.S. A couple of couples can't make it because of one thing or another and one of the ladies is having Chemo so one of the others is sick so they wont come in case they give her the wog, so even over a weekend the numbers have dwinddled, but hey we'll all still have a good time.

John, just keep the invites going out and the doors open. I always like when friends new and long-timers stop in...keeps things interesting. Not looking forward to when there are more no shows because they keep fallin off...poorly said, but really trying to say be Thankful for the ones we can share time with, and remember those well, that can no longer join us....day of Thanksgiving is upon us....i see it all around.

Now another eve in the shop, factory e-brake installed, yes a little rub on a muffler, good for now and operational. License plate lights dug out and tested, wiring located; need some polishing for grounding and assembly.
Tick tock, tick tock.....

Status
Not open for further replies.