Rusty Olds Update

Here are some photos of high build going on.

20200310_150245_resized.jpg

20200310_150308_resized.jpg

20200310_152222_resized.jpg

20200310_152408_resized.jpg

20200310_152446_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gary

The car is coming along:cool::cool::cool:

I asked this question of Bash because he is doing a whole car as you are:cool::cool:

Could you run this by your painter when you get a chance given that I beleave your country is also on the social distancing practice!!!!!!!!

Could you share your overall recipe for getting to the paint stage and how much material each stage will/should/might use :confused::confused::confused:

We have had some discussions about the different materials available and their associated cost per gal. Because we are backyard hobbyist the experience level is definitely lacking:eek::eek::eek:

I know that due to the lack of experience we use "A LOT" more material than necessary but would still like to know how much extra we are using:eek::eek:

Thanks
Tim

I’ll get there eventually Bash. I put the grill together last week, so another job ticked. Hopefully it will be painted before too long and that bright shiny grill can go in.

Hey Gary

The car is coming along:cool::cool::cool:

I asked this question of Bash because he is doing a whole car as you are:cool::cool:

Could you run this by your painter when you get a chance given that I beleave your country is also on the social distancing practice!!!!!!!!

Could you share your overall recipe for getting to the paint stage and how much material each stage will/should/might use :confused::confused::confused:

We have had some discussions about the different materials available and their associated cost per gal. Because we are backyard hobbyist the experience level is definitely lacking:eek::eek::eek:

I know that due to the lack of experience we use "A LOT" more material than necessary but would still like to know how much extra we are using:eek::eek:

Thanks
Tim

Tim,

seems that the process that Bash has written up is basically what is being done on my car. Good luck.

Gary

Ha....you don’t realize just how big those old cars are until you start sanding them...looking good...

Tim,

seems that the process that Bash has written up is basically what is being done on my car. Good luck.

Gary

Thanks Gary:cool::cool:

I certainly didn't expect the awesome write up from Bash:cool::cool:

He covered just about every aspect of the process and material volumes used!!!!

The car is finally coming together for you!!!!!!!! Once painted the real fun part can start "ASSEMBLY":cool:

Tim

There is still a lot to do Tim, but yes having it painted will be a big step. Can’t wait.

It wont be long now Gary and you'll be ready to go cruising. Good thing you have a better guy on it now.