Rusty Olds Update

I have 15s on my truck..almost impossible to get a good 15 inch tire. Nowhere sells LT tires for it. Had to go to some off shore brand. Most cars are 16 or better and the the tire makers aren’t making many 15s. I’m running 16s and 17s.. With your car being so big the bigger tires would look good on it. I could have gone bigger and it wouldn’t look like they were too big. I know a few years down the road I will be able to find tires for it...but the 15s are going to be a hard find...just saying..

Yes with my coupe I liked the big n little combo 14"s - 15"s that it was built with in the early nine IMG_0803.JPGties but had to settle with all 15"s and with my 53 I needed a minimum of 16"s due to brakes but the wheels I really really liked the style of were all 18"+ so I had to compromise at 17"s . My friend the po put these wheels on ( nice enough wheels just not for this car ) so off they go .IMG_0784.JPGThe funny thing is because of getting used to all the 20s around the 17s don't seem that big .

Last edited:
I have 15s on my truck..almost impossible to get a good 15 inch tire. Nowhere sells LT tires for it. Had to go to some off shore brand. Most cars are 16 or better and the the tire makers aren’t making many 15s. I’m running 16s and 17s.. With your car being so big the bigger tires would look good on it. I could have gone bigger and it wouldn’t look like they were too big. I know a few years down the road I will be able to find tires for it...but the 15s are going to be a hard find...just saying..
Yes tire size was a big part of my coupes decisions as there was no comparable rear tire size in 16s and no room to spare front or rear .