A Little Off The Top---Please (part 2)

nice going there Hunters......can't wait to see the challenge on that trunk lid....

The progress is looking great there Bob. And well done for Steph for getting out there as well.:D

Russ

That was a great set of pictures!! Bet that feels good to get onto the next part of the project...well different part anyways:D
Good stuff.

I've been busy piecing all the inside structure that holds the package tray to the body corners--lots of fun and it's now done so a little more hammer and dolley work on the roof then the trunk lid--moving along--slow but still moving:D

100_2858.jpg

100_2860.jpg

100_2861.jpg

100_2862.jpg

100_2863.jpg

Looks great! A sugestion would be to chop the windshield before finishing the metal just to be sure the angles on the a pillar are perfect, because you can't bend the glass to fit. Also, 1 piece windshields are available for a different look.

well I have been quiet but still plodding forward--learned 1 thing and that is--DO NOT cut all the inside frame out of the trunk lid--the outer skin becomes like a funky chicken--flopping all over the place--and it was the best one sooooo--clean it--rust mort it and tack it back together without warping it--

100_2875.jpg

100_2873.jpg

100_2871.jpg

100_2876.jpg

filled the holes while apart

100_2869.jpg

then put it on the car to see how it fit--pretty good

100_2560.jpg

did lots of studying the dreaded trunk and finally decided it's time to cut the 65 feet of bracing out and let the body relax before tackling the trunk so tonite it was sparky time--

100_2548.jpg

100_2555.jpg

IS it

Is this your first chop? being a 4 dr its one h___ of a job.I only wish mine will be as good,also building a 4 dr.ford

What an absolutely brilliant job done there Bob and Steph, it didn't seem that long ago Tinmann and the boys were there giving you a hand. Something of a big job you can surely be proud of. Maybe we'll get a chance to take a look at it in August I hope.