A Little Off The Top---Please (part 2)

lots more welding to do--2 hours at a time--wrists give out hammer welding after 2 hours but that's ok--I am making progress--won't be on the road this year--hopefully in primer next year for 1 season then color after that--once the chop is done then pull engine apart and freshin it up:D

well been doing lots of welding and had the right side roof welded as far as my arms would reach by myself so tonite Matt (Dumprat) came over to help--had a few moments of "holy crap we have a plate size low spot in the roof "--a little planning and a few cut welds and some thumping--and Matt spotting while I held things from inside the car I can now say--The right side is welded--yahoooooooo--much thanks for Matts help--really appreciated--just have 3 inches on the left side to do and the roof will be welded--getting closer--

100_1948.jpg

100_1949.jpg

100_1953.jpg

Great photos Bob, good to see you guys aren't leaving it unatteneded because of the cold weather. Mate you'll be peddling it down the road in no time, good on ya.

Looks like you've worked out which pieces of the jigsaw puzzle go where, that is a good thing. Keep the pictures coming, thanks.

well I have been welding and fitting pieces for a bit now and tonite my sweety (Steph) came out and donned the gear and inside the car to finish the roof as my arms arn't long enough to reach--got the rest of the roof welded

100_2837.jpg

she said for her help she wanted a smooch planted right here--hahaha

100_2839.jpg

100_2841.jpg

found a cut in the side of the body where we got a bit too excited when cutting the bracing out of the body for the chop so welded it too

100_2842.jpg

100_2843.jpg

now to get the bracing done inside that holds the package tray etc then I can cut all 60 feet of bracing out from inside the car then on to the dreaded trunk lid

100_2846.jpg

100_2844.jpg

100_2845.jpg

that's it for tonite--back to the shop tomorrow:D

well I have been welding and fitting pieces for a bit now and tonite my sweety (Steph) came out and donned the gear and inside the car to finish the roof as my arms arn't long enough to reach--got the rest of the roof welded

100_2837.jpg

That is a great partner you have Bobby! Atta girl Steph.........but isn't it your turn on the MIG gun!

Bgbkwndo.

she says she is still practicing with her hammer and dolly....not quite ready for the mig yet---and yes it is Her hammer:D

Last edited:
...with all that high-priced help, you'll have that piece on the road by the weekend......hahaha