52 Lincoln Capri Build

Hey you gotta be happy with the way your metal work and trim came out…looks great…I’m still wondering if you are going to be able to get all the motor covered up with the original body panel…looks great..carry on..

Thanks JB . All the exterior pcs will fit . I will still have to do some magic in the engine bay to accommodate the larger rad, turbo plumbing, intercooler , AC stuff etc.
I hope to get some fenders and hood soon to start piecing the puzzle together .

Just a quick update. I've been doing the wiring over the last 2 weeks and installed the AC evaporator as per my upholsterer request for him to start on the carpet install.
The wiring has been taking longer than I thought but with this 28 circuit kit I am am using most of the wires lol. Since I am now committed to AC I bought a compressor and went to install it and the hard lines from my
steering rack claimed they were there first.
So after all the mods I made to remount the rack from the clip I bought I have decided it is staying put.
I have posted a WTB ad here looking for a pooched rack to salvage the bungs from such to relocate to my existing rack to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated ..

Attachments

• 20230329_133342.jpg
    20230329_133342.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 62
I’m sure you thought of this already but how about cutting the bung off the one you have and mount it somewhere else and weld up the old bung hole…hahahaha..sorry…but it could work?

Last edited:
Yes JB , that would seem to be the obvious solution but I am afraid of the heat involved in relocating the bung and plugging its hole (snicker)
would effect the bore shape and would be hard to seal the piston properly.
Thats why I am hoping to just branch off of the port that is there.
Update: I think I may have a solution . I will post an update if it works .
Thanks to Greg and James for their input also :)(y)

Thanks Johnny for the kind words.
I actually just read from the front myself lately to recall the journey . I do enjoy the fab work and problem solving but I am not enjoying remembering how reassemble everything. I am getting closer to the end everyday piece by piece though.
In the next few days I will be testing my hydro boost/power rack plumbing to a trunk mounted pump. I hope I dont need a raincoat lol

Nothing much to report . Pressure tested the hydro/steering system and everything sealed great except the o-ring tube to AN adaptors on the rack, which I finally solved.
Steering feels great as well as the brake pedal . My next hurdle that I am now working on is the AC plumbing. I chose a Valeo compressor from rock auto that fits my year of engine, but the discharge mounting pad is different from sanden ,which everybody uses on vintage air. I finally found one in the states that is sitting at the border awaiting pick up. So far the hoses and fittings costs as much as the vintage air unit . A lot of work and $$ just for having AC 6 or 8 times a year. I haven't even bought the controls and vents yet ! There, I've vented now. I can carry on. Thanks JB :)

I’m in the states next week,,,,where are the parts..maybe I can bring them over..I’ll be crossing at the Sumas entry…thanks for the update..

I’m in the states next week,,,,where are the parts..maybe I can bring them over..I’ll be crossing at the Sumas entry…thanks for the update..
Thanks for the offer JB. they are in Montana, I will going in a couple weeks.
My offer still stands to take a shower at our hotel in Osoyoos next week. We will be checking in Thursday. Leaving Monday

Thanks for the shower offer but as I said before I was happily married…lol…kidding…in Canada until the end of week babysitting..then off to the states for a few weeks then home…I was going to try and get to the island to look at a car but I don’t know if that’s going to happen…car is in Campbell river area …long way up the island and those ferries are another issue….time just flys by when you only have so much of it to get things done..

Drove my coupe home from Campbell nice place but yup about the time consumption these " little " side trek's take .

A quick update on the Linc.
Starting the upholstery, routing the turbo intake plumbing to outside, fenders and bumper on for last time hopefully. All inside wiring complete, AC installed and plumbed. Dash and inside trim powder coated and painted. re-chromed interior glass and headliner trim installed. 85% done, 75% to go :rolleyes:
20230203_182534.jpg
20230203_182534.jpg
20230831_175217.jpg
20230831_175217.jpg
20230831_175229.jpg
20230831_175229.jpg
20230903_122113.jpg
20230903_122113.jpg
20230916_171039.jpg

sorry, trying to just make thumbnails. heres more on the trim

20230829_150800.jpg

had to get creative attaching the chrome trim as all the stock metal fasteners were broken.
20230829_150750.jpg
20230916_171205.jpg
20230916_171229.jpg

The guy doing the upholstery did an awesome job on the headliner, working his magic with the heatgun to eliminate any wrinkles.
I am looking forward to what he does with the seats and doors .
Thats all for now, thanks for looking. This took me an hour to post haha