52 Lincoln Capri Build

I noticed your wipers are a cable operated. Mine were too. Just make sure you leave yourselves enough room to access the cables. All of those air conditioner hoses really like to get in the way when the dash is in and you have to reach up and do something to the cables. My windshield trim also bolts in from under the dash..hoses will be in the way if I ever have to change the windshield. I did my own headliner and was afraid to put a heat gun to it incase I made a mess of it. I have a few wrinkles…but so does my headliner..hahaha

I noticed your wipers are a cable operated. Mine were too. Just make sure you leave yourselves enough room to access the cables. All of those air conditioner hoses really like to get in the way when the dash is in and you have to reach up and do something to the cables. My windshield trim also bolts in from under the dash..hoses will be in the way if I ever have to change the windshield. I did my own headliner and was afraid to put a heat gun to it incase I made a mess of it. I have a few wrinkles…but so does my headliner..hahaha
Noted. I am only going to hang the hoses with zip ties (where the white duct tape is) for easy removal if needed. thanks

Thanks for the update.
Great to see you thinking outside the box to attach the trim. So many people get caught up trying to find the absolutely correct clips, when in reality, all you need is something that works.

You really nailed the stance…
67CC0263-09CD-40D5-A976-2E08F9F56A9C.jpeg

Thanks for the update.
Great to see you thinking outside the box to attach the trim. So many people get caught up trying to find the absolutely correct clips, when in reality, all you need is something that works.
Scotty, I was one of those people , starting with all the different clips I needed to attach the ss moldings, when I realized I could just make them . There is truly no where to buy or source old Lincoln parts.

With everything you have in that motor..I think your light on that estimate…
Better to be a bit light on the power estimate and have the motor last than to go nuts until it croaks. Speed Demon makes over 2000 hp from a SBC and they're happy to get two good runs out of it.

I would rather be high on my estimate and build the car to handle the higher estimated horsepower…if the actual power is lower..no problem..if it’s what I estimated..again no problem…

A little update on the Lincoln. I've pretty well finished the wiring . Adding cruise and a electronic speedo cable drive kept my brain exercised over the holidays. The upholstery is coming along great . My guy is coming wednesday to lay the carpet so we can install the front seat and the rest of the trim.

20240107_165505.jpg
20240107_165743.jpg

Had some dash knobs 3d printed to use on my AC/heat controls. They turned out great! Just waiting for the chrome paint to dry . I am working on filling in where the massive radio was and then I can install the instrument cluster ,steering wheel and hopefully drive it off the lift this month :D
20240105_173530.jpg
20240105_173520.jpg
20240107_183053.jpg

Now that is a great use of the 3D printer…. Are you doing your own printing or
Great guy and very reasonable . All those knobs, snap in tops , and bezels was only $50