1958 Chevrolet Delray

Coming along real fine...thx for the update.

How was it working with the comfier tubing vs the traditional stuff.

I found it much more easier to double flare, not one redo. If you have to make some bends in it, easy enough to do by hand.
I have some aluminum tubing and the conifer is still easier to work with.

Got around to starting the fuel line upgrade from 5/16" to 3/8".

The original location of the 5/16" would take it straight along side the passenger side exhaust. single one piece line.
on a 58 Chev they relocated the line to run along side the body pinch line, I was not comfortable running it there so I took a page out of the 59-64 cars and moved the line in to the driveshaft tunnel. these used a 3 piece line to accomplish this.

First had to drill a couple of holes and add grommets.

TvmCulel.jpg

d9N3ltCl.jpg

Hw66O0Hl.jpg

Got the rear section done.

0SptN3ll.jpg

Hope to get some time in on the weekend to finish up the front line, lots of bending and test fitting.

After 8 months of working on the chassis, everything but the 60% of the exhaust is done. The body is finally back down.

Every time I walked in to my garage I was afraid that I would bump into one of the 4x4's and knock the body off it's stand.

6VFhHDal.jpg

55OKCDkl.jpg

jzo8OcTl.jpg

7UnaoPLl.jpg

4pl6bQml.jpg

Damn Apple and the apostrophe, finish without the apostrophe below

I will bet that you are glad to get the body down.

There that should work.

Holy cow Frank. Did you have help with that?

Good going in any case. Congrats. Huge step forward.

Damn Apple and the apostrophe, finish without the apostrophe below

I will bet that you are glad to get the body down.

There that should work.

I am more than glad the body is back on the chassis.

Holy cow Frank. Did you have help with that?

Good going in any case. Congrats. Huge step forward.
all by my lonesome :D Once the front was down, had to partially disassemble the hoist to move it to the back side.
All in all about 2 hours to drop the body down.

great milestone indeed! gotta feel good :D
It sure does

The 4x4 s are the same thing I used..scary stuff..ha
I did have a 2x6 lagged to the top of the front 4x4 and tied into my workbench. So I knew it was not going forward at any time.
But after some time the front 4x4 started to develop a twist. Was a bit scary and glad they are outta there.

Spent the better part of the weekend getting the body mounts all in and tightened. Had two that I needed to cut out from above as those both snapped when removing them.

Got a Shafer's Classic Exhaust system and finally mounted the mufflers, hope to get the rear pipes in next week.

JO6V2yQh.jpg

7toIBhOh.jpg

And here's something you don't see these days... :cool:
This tag is on the antenna cable that I pulled out of the 58.

3UE3B0Nh.jpg

Started cleaning out the interior and found an odd item inside.

Dash turned out fairly nice, still need to work on the face
jzEINlul.jpg

The previous owner must have wedged the radio in, I could not budge it.

The wiper motor is the strange part.
0MbVnjAl.jpg

FoMoCo
VonBRIRl.jpg

Nor surprised that you found that in a Chevy. When I was way younger I worked at the GM foundry and we made parts for ford, Chrysler and even some motorhome manufacturers...some of the assemblies that were shipped back from other GM plants for remelting were from other manufacturers. These were parts that were destined to go into GM products but either were obsolete stock or were defective..We once had a full basket with about 80 hypo big block Chevy heads that were to be melted down. Some were complete heads others just cores..somehow only about 30 made it to the smelters..