1946 Oldsmobile sedanette

Colours……..a chore in itself……we ended up going to a home renovation centre to choose the TR colour then took the sample to our paint supplier. Looking good Mark

Keith, definitely a chore! However with the stock body, original woodgrain interior and cloth trim etc I felt that the OEM 2-tone (63A) will suit the car and not date. A restomod of sorts. I still need 16"+ steel wheels to clear the brake calipers, they'll need to be powder coated in original amber colour once I can get a code. Either that or just wing it from an old advertisement. ;)

Impressive to a guy like me… I also like your mindset on choosing the stock color options to flow with the overall look of your build. Very cool.
For me, picking of colors….there is a lot of inner focus needed… and I still nervous to make a choice! Lol
Greg

A peek at progress so far. All that remains is painting firewall to cowl where hood closes, 'A' pillars, front doors and rear quarter panels in New Ivory to match interior and underside. The roof, top of cowl and trunk will be painted in Pawnee Beige (metallic). Once body is completely painted it'll be dropped back onto the frame so assembly can commence. All that is left then are the fenders, hood and miscellaneous parts.:giggle:

Keith, I did all the fabrication and body work at home bar some rust patches as I didn't have the metal tools. Once home I I had to repair 'the repairs' that I'd outsourced. In the end I took body to a local shop around the corner that was recommended by another rodder. The remaining prep work was done there, the 2K etch primered body had to be stripped due to minor surface rust underneath. I though that it was sealed adaquately however it'd been sitting a while. In the end I had him, at cost, undertake the necessary work at his shop. Since he has a booth I'll have body shell and hang on panels painted there before I bring them home. In the end the paint supply business that helped with a modern Glasurit formula couldn't wet match the colours so I took my business elsewhere and had it done almost right away.

I finally have some OEM colour on the lower body. The 'matched' paint had to be tweeked slightly to match the previously supplied colour used on interior and underbody. A few more coats and clear before the roof and trunk are done. Remaining hang on panels in the new year. Not too sure on whether or not it'll be in the shed by Christmas 2021 for reassembly to commence.

That is going to be one very cool ride mate when it is finished. There has been a lot of really well thought out jobs done on this ride. Oh well next thing will be we'll have to put the body back on soon.

Keith I took on your suggestion and called John in Oz, we rolled the rotisserie onto the grass from the driveway where it promptly got bogged. After some coaxing we rolled it into the shed ;). We rolled the frame on dolly across under the hoist after I replaced a pneumatic tyre that developed a slow leak. A litany of issues after recent rain and tyres getting stuck. :ROFLMAO: The Chev has a leaking brake tube nut after a recent brake upgrade so it's stuck there until I can roll the frame back under the Olds, then I can replace the leaking header gasket on the Fairlane. Who said retirement was boring and dull.