1946 Oldsmobile sedanette

Never seen an exhaust set up like that…split manifold runs into a set of headers then into the exhaust pipes…am I seeing that right?

Mark JohnnBgood makes a good point about the heat from the pipes on the rubber, I'll have a look in the back shed and see if I have any of that wrap, I know I did have some of the thin wrap but might have given it away to the man I might buy that Pickup off of. You wont see it up there either.

JohnnyBgood that should sound pretty sweet once the pipes burn it, the pipes on my car being S/S sounded shit house for a long time until they sooted up a bit. But Marks are longer and with those manifolds it will give it a nice beat.

Nice progress. Be very careful using body filler over etch primers. That is one of our biggest no no's as fillers do not react well to the acid in etch primers.

I picked up this OEM 46-48 Olds '8' trunk emblem some time ago, I've decided to place in OEM location below trunk emblem. Car was originally a straight '6' (Model 76) and NOT a straight '8' (Model 78). It appears that 46-47's were placed below trunk emblem with 48's above. 48's had a different font and placement of 'OLDSMOBILE' lettering. 6's had no emblem however it thought it appropriate to add this.
:mrgreen:
The rechromed '8' will go below the NOS 'Hydramatic' emblem.

Both colours have finally been matched, albeit the business I originally dealt with 18ths ago put it in too hard basket despite being provided with the correct Glasurit formulas. Off I go to the opposition, it provided wet samples and spray out cards the next day with the identical formulas. My painter was able to lay down some colour on the cards and is very happy with result. I just love the original 2-tone and will use a fine red hand painted pinstripe used to break up the upper and lower body line. This red will match similar paint on the dashboard and other trim pieces.
I'll have the wet samples analysed to determine formulas thus allowing colours to be mixed in an alternative brand (Economically viable due to cost of Glasurit products). I'll also then have sufficient paint to fully coat the interior, roof, floors, firewall and tint the underfloor coating so chips won't ne noticeable if they arise. The interior surfaces will be then lined with Dynomat over the 2K finish, that way no moisture will be trapped between panel and barrier, translates into NO rust being allowed to develop under the barrier. This will result in heat reduction whilst providing a nice sound barrier.

Some red paint on the trunk emblem makes the lettering and emblem stand out, colour on the trunk lid will bring them to life.