1938 Ford Pickup build

Good to see you are still at it Bash ! Looks good ! If I remember correctly were you not doing a totally roached out mustang yrs ago ?

Cheers Shane

Shane yes that was a few years back, did a couple nasty ones, Cali special and an R code as well. Both were questionable for saving.

I haven't posted on this for some time, just been doing chassis stuff, not a lot to see. Been plumbing and running exhaust.
DSCN4277.JPG

DSCN4279.JPG

DSCN4294.JPG

DSCN4295.JPG

DSCN4331.JPG

I forgot how much I hate working on greasy things, everything on this old chassis is leaking. I probably should have powerwashed it first but I just wanted to get everything plumbed before I tear it apart blast it and paint it.

DSCN4330.JPG

DSCN4301.JPG

DSCN4300.JPG

DSCN4350.JPG

Just waiting on a AOD trans yoke to finish off the driveshaft, next tear it down a bit of finish welding to do. Clean it up and sand blast it and then some shiny applied. Be nice to work on when it's clean.
Not very exciting stuff but progress is progress, thanks for peekin in..

Remember these ugly inconvenient things?
DSCN3494.JPG

Look what they were hiding! Who does this shyte?
DSCN4401.JPG
DSCN4402.JPG
DSCN4403.JPG

Someone redrilled 4 hole rotors (improperly at that) and then welded the studs on the back side! Unbelievable....

Nice colour choice. At first I was going to question if that was your shop in the pictures because it’s fairly clean and I don’t see any Willys anywhere…but alas I seen the the clutter and the Willys lurking in the background…looks good..carry on.

Neil: Nice! Great to reach a milestone! The good news is, the block sanding is OVER. The bad news is, the fiddly, fussy part (assembly) lays ahead, always stressed me out, worrying about chipping/scratching a panel during assembly. Do you manage all that assembly on your own, or do you lure someone over for that?

James

Neil: Nice! Great to reach a milestone! The good news is, the block sanding is OVER. The bad news is, the fiddly, fussy part (assembly) lays ahead, always stressed me out, worrying about chipping/scratching a panel during assembly. Do you manage all that assembly on your own, or do you lure someone over for that?

James
So right James! I usually do most of it myself, some of the bigger or more complicated pieces I draft aid. loln When you have been working alone for as long as I have you learn to do things by yourself or they don't get done.

Made some progress on the 38, have to Mama has forfeited her garage till I get to the point of assembling the body panels, she is not happy. Especially now that it is getting colder and frost on the windows.

Finally get to reduce the piles of this thing all over the shop and put them in one pile (where they belong).
DSCN4426.JPG
DSCN4427.JPG
DSCN4428.JPG
DSCN4429.JPG

Now if I could just remember where I put it all! I can't seem to locate the brake line for the diff? I took it off to paint the diff and danged if I can find it now??

That's it for now, thanks for peekin in.

Man, missed a post of two on this one.
Looking forward to seeing the body on frame cause I'm liking the colours!
Fred