1937 Chev Custom Truck Build

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Well back on the running boards. I modified the shape of the back half of the board from the originals so that it would runn along the bottom of the bed side rather than need a filler piece that extended out to meet the running board. The picture are a mix between work on both sides so if the don't make perfect sense don't worry.:D

And there it is. Needs to be fully welded and then the stake pocke needs to be modified as the piece I was originally going to use there is not longer being used but its on its way.

Well I got the running boards welded up and mounted. I need to do a little more metal finishing but they are close.

And then I rolled it outside and slapped the rest of the front end on to get a look at the overall truck. This is the first time I have ever been able to stand back and look at the whole truck together sitting on a flat surface. Don't mind the horrible fit of the front end it is all literally being held together by gravity and about three bolts.

This truck is gonna get a lot of attention, it looks so good. Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys I appreciate all the comments!

Quick update I have fabricated the pieces to extend the front stake pockets and made the filler pieces for the bed. Still need to be fully welded up and then back to the body work. :(

stakepocket_zps0cc82bed.jpg

bedfill1_zps7fabef93.jpg

And another supercool thing I just found out today is that the gentleman in California who is helping me with my paint and mixing it for me is the same guy that painted the flames on "The California Kid" his name is Manuel Reyes and here is an article he wrote about the process he and Pete went through to paint it back in the '70's. I had no idea before this and I it adds an even cooler twist to the already incredible story of how I was able to get the paint color I was looking for.

http://www.peteandjakes.com/Flame_Article.aspx

Well I haven't updated this in a while so thought I should. I undercoated everything that needed it with Bed Liner so it was done before I paint next year.

undercoating_zpsb19e805a.jpg

I also painted and began reassembling the chassis.

IMAG0147_zps2a4a3f54.jpg

IMAG0148_zps2f09032f.jpg

IMAG0146_zps41e8095d.jpg

So that is where I am at. Slowly moving forward.:eek:

I really liked it before but it's a six banger to boot; Oh be still my beating heart!!!

...love the colour combo on the engine.....stock or creative?

Thanks guys! Creative. The valve and side covers colour is the same blue that I painted the dash and the white was a pretty commonly used engine colour on customs back in the 50's.

Ok I haven't update this in ages so I will throw up some picture to show a bit of the progress I have been making.

aWIktRm.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6arOhzY.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7c4TIQh.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

P3RYQXi.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
A NICE looking build. Love the grille treatment, which I had seen before but now with new chrome/polish and paint it sure stands out. And the colour.....well........I call that limefire green (a 50's colour) but it sure is nice:):):)