1937 Chev Custom Truck Build

Looks like you're 'bout ready to roll! Truck looks fantastic, and an inliner to boot. Gotta love it.

Hey any progress is good progress, besides it looks like you’ve done all the heavy lifting.

So the gold powder oxidizes...do you have to do something to stop the oxidation? With it changing like that must have been a nightmare to get each patch at the same level of oxidation...very cool..nice job.

So the gold powder oxidizes...do you have to do something to stop the oxidation? With it changing like that must have been a nightmare to get each patch at the same level of oxidation...very cool..nice job.

It only oxidizes once in the lacquer and it takes probably a day before it is noticable. I wasn't bad at all I just mixed a quart of the gold at a time and made sure I used it all before mixing the next quart. Doesn't take long to burn through a quart of paint with lacquer.

Well it's been a while again. I had some hydraulic clutch issues that I had to solve. The master I got with my pedal set up was not the size that the company said it was in their literature, as they had changed them, so I had built my whole system around a master cylinder that was smaller than I thought. I wasn't getting enough throw due to the mismatched components. I couldn't find a bigger master that would fit in the space I have so I found a smaller slave and rebuilt all the bracketry for that and got it working. Then I had a pile of electrical issues that all ended up being a bunch of bad parts (like 3 bad alternators):mad:. I got all those issues sorted out then had to wait a month for road work in front of the house but I finally got it out for a quick test drive this weekend. It's still running a bit rough but at least it's moving.

Well I haven't been doing a lot on the Merc lately as I am trying to get a bunch of little things buttoned up on this so I can take it to get the inspection done. Having a problem with the gas gauge that I can't seem to get sorted out but other than that I have most of the important stuff done. Pulled it out of the garage for the first time this year. Don't have the hood sides or the hub caps on at this point.
20210525_152554.jpg

Looks good. In 1960 I had a 51 Meteor Victoria painted lime fire green metallic which was an Oldsmobile colour. Looks similar.

Looks good. In 1960 I had a 51 Meteor Victoria painted lime fire green metallic which was an Oldsmobile colour. Looks similar.
I did also but with a Joker painted on the side. on my '52 Dodge 2dr sedan. Ala 1960? Not to take away from this thread as the '37 looks GREAT!

Last edited:
Man I like the look of that ride, you have done very well there. In that video of you driving the truck I was wondering if the timing was out or you had a crossed lead. Did you get that popping sorted out ? Mind you a Vacuum leak around the base of the carb can also give that popping sound as well. Mate I admire any custom and you have nailed it there.