What's on the menu ?

Shot Gun shells on the smoker planned for lunch today! Hehehe…. 06E991B1-877E-4610-9A12-8398BFA5C504.jpeg
D63A7823-857E-467F-BF71-D7F37D7913F9.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve had this a few times..very tasty..this is the cold summer version ..even better hot off the stove..
2CA62103-3906-41ED-B30A-5920D2FDC59B.jpeg

Can’t believe I didn’t get one response from the hamster helper..I thought it was funny as hell..I was laughing the whole time I was posting it..boy oh boy it’s a tough crowd here…

Ever hear of a Chaffle?? It's kind of like a Waffle, except it's made with egg and cheese, so no carbs.

Well, I don't own a wafflemaker, but I do have a Panini Press, Good Enough!!

So, taking the Chaffle one step further, tonight I made a Salami Chaffle!!

Basic chaffle is: Break one egg into a measuring cup, beat it like it owes you money, then grate 59g of mozza and mix it in with the egg.

After pre-heating the Panini Press, cove about 80% of the lower surface with overlapping slices of salami

Add the egg/cheese mix onto the salami, but not all the way to the edges

Cover the who thing with another layer of salami

Close the press and let'er cook!!

In the end, you'll have something similar to this:

Chaffle Top view

aoULkUb.jpg

Chaffle Bottom Surface (**The bottom gets cooked a bit more, as it's had a slightly longer cook time. mmmmm crispy!!)

DMkr3Ug.jpg

My wife made a point that there is more then Beer, Boobs and Burnouts .............then it dawned on me .....she was absolutley correct.
There is BACON ! I seen on another post somehwere guys putting up what they had on the Q or in the oven and was intersting to get some fresh ideas and try new things as I'm sure everyone gets the "what do you want to have tonight?" So last night did up a apple -bacon stuffed pork roast on the Egg (bbq) was really good and forgot to take a pic but robbed one off the internet for reference. Post what you cooking up!

Cheers

View attachment 5462

BACON you say??

Well, tonight I took 1.052kg of ground moose, then ground 0.6kg of bacon on my hand grinder. Next I thoroughly mixed the two together. I was running late, so I quickly made two 6oz patties, and took them outside and threw them on the grille (which had been pre-heating whilst I mixed everything)
Anyways, they were yummy, but a bit crumbly:( (
Any hot tips on how to keep them together that don't involve crumbs or eggs?)
Sorry, big rush tonight, so no pics. But I will turn the big mixing bowl full of meat into patties tomorrow before supper time, and will try to get a couple pics then!

Alright, finally getting back to what I promised a few days back. Below are pics of the remainder of the moose/bacon patties I made the other day. I used my scale to weigh the mixture of ground moose & ground bacon, using a small plastic storage container. After it was weighed out, I would take the container, and pack the mixture into the container to get it all leveled out. Then, by turning it upside down, two to three smaks on the countertop would break the mixture loose. They were then placed on a platter (aka: the turntable from my last microwave:) with a layer of parchment. got 5 on the bottom layer, which only left the final two to go on top.
This yielded better results than my first attempt, but there was still some crumbling:( Today, I grilled the last three, and decided to spray the grill with cooking spray first so there was no sticking (which leads to breaking/crumbling to get them loose).
The results were better than the previous attempts, but still not flawless. So, despite my previous desire to avoid the use of egg as a binder, the next time I do this, that is exactly what I will do.

Anyways, there are pics of the patties, the container I shaped them in, the patties after they were grilled, and finally, the Burger press a friend 3D printed for me overnight from a free STL file I found on the internet:)

And for anyone looking for 3D print files, GOOGLE is your friend!!

There are any number of sites, the file that was used for the burger press below came from stlfinder.com

https://www.stlfinder.com/

This is the file I emailed to Jarred, but the pic in the link doesn't look like what got printed?? I dunno?? but I'm over it already:)

cults3d supposedly has free files, but a very high percentage of the ones I opened then had a price? (most were pocket change, but that's not the point, if it say it's free, it ought to ACTUALLY be free!!)

***Last two pics in post below.....

That's it !

Bottom Layer of 6oz patties
UyFoIzu.jpg

Top Two
UBc6vqi.jpg

The container I used as a makeshift burger press
XckBBE0.jpg

2zOMhyx.jpg

The crumbly ones from Wed evening
50tsuKp.jpg

**Last two pics from above

Tonight's attempt, some grille lube and them being well chilled made some difference, but still experienced some crumbling....

VhUcHgE.jpg

The 3D Printed Burger Press
EKeDqC1.jpg

Still needs a binder agent of sorts to stop the crumbling.

***Brian: See large, bolded RED text below, I've already conceded that I'm going to have to use a binder.....

Alright, finally getting back to what I promised a few days back. Below are pics of the remainder of the moose/bacon patties I made the other day. I used my scale to weigh the mixture of ground moose & ground bacon, using a small plastic storage container. After it was weighed out, I would take the container, and pack the mixture into the container to get it all leveled out. Then, by turning it upside down, two to three smaks on the countertop would break the mixture loose. They were then placed on a platter (aka: the turntable from my last microwave:) with a layer of parchment. got 5 on the bottom layer, which only left the final two to go on top.
This yielded better results than my first attempt, but there was still some crumbling:( Today, I grilled the last three, and decided to spray the grill with cooking spray first so there was no sticking (which leads to breaking/crumbling to get them loose).
The results were better than the previous attempts, but still not flawless. So, despite my previous desire to avoid the use of egg as a binder, the next time I do this, that is exactly what I will do. (ie: USE EGGS)

Anyways, there are pics of the patties, the container I shaped them in, the patties after they were grilled, and finally, the Burger press a friend 3D printed for me overnight from a free STL file I found on the internet:)

And for anyone looking for 3D print files, GOOGLE is your friend!!

There are any number of sites, the file that was used for the burger press below came from stlfinder.com

https://www.stlfinder.com/

This is the file I emailed to Jarred, but the pic in the link doesn't look like what got printed?? I dunno?? but I'm over it already:)

cults3d supposedly has free files, but a very high percentage of the ones I opened then had a price? (most were pocket change, but that's not the point, if it say it's free, it ought to ACTUALLY be free!!)

***Last two pics in post below.....

That's it !

Well, a couple weeks back, NOFRILLS had Pork Loin on sale for $2.00/lb, so I bought one that was (IIRC) ~3.x kg. When I got it home, I promptly cut it up into Cutlets. Of course they're never uniform in shape or diameter, so I had some that were as small as 340g, and the largest was just over 500g.
Anyways, I defrosted one, and being as it was still 10 deg C outside, I fired up the BBQ and after it had been pre-heated and brushed down, I went to work! First thing I took the tongs and set the fatty side on the grill for several minutes, then seared bot top and bottom before grilling it properly.
So, this one was ~416g (just over 14.5 oz), and about 1.75" thick. The only seasoning was a liberal dosing of salt on all sides prior to bringing it outside to the grille.
Finished product below, and the fatty side was CRISPY, the rest was tender and juicy, and I'm no longer hungry!!

RAs4guC.jpg

2a2QAYI.jpg

a3z2nFn.jpg

And in the new real Cdn Superstore Flyer (same parent Co as NoFrills), they have Pork loins on for $2.00/lb, may have to grab another and cut it up!!

James

Ha! Went to RealCanadianSuperstore on Friday, and just like last time, the Pork loins they had on sale for $2.00/lb were HUGE!!

I'm talking almost 3 feet long!! (and these were shorter than the last time)

Started chatting with a lady who also thought they were way too big, and she mention that back on the farm, the only time you saw loins that size was from a really old sow!

Anyways, last time this happened, the following week NoFrills had them on for the same price but they were a much more reasonable size, so I guess I'll wait it out!!

If you were closer James be sending you with loot to pick up all these deals for me lol

not like there isnt ......... next time out with wife will take some pics of crazy ass prices here