What's on the menu ?

shane2290

Supporting Member
My wife made a point that there is more then Beer, Boobs and Burnouts .............then it dawned on me .....she was absolutley correct.
There is BACON ! I seen on another post somehwere guys putting up what they had on the Q or in the oven and was intersting to get some fresh ideas and try new things as I'm sure everyone gets the "what do you want to have tonight?" So last night did up a apple -bacon stuffed pork roast on the Egg (bbq) was really good and forgot to take a pic but robbed one off the internet for reference. Post what you cooking up!

Cheers

Bacon-Apple-Stuffed-Pork-Loin-Roll-Recipe-2.jpg

Last night was bbq venison on a ciabatta bun with mozzarella -corn on the cob and garden salad ---was yummy

No one got anything interesting they cooking up ?

menu 1.jpg

Cheers

Looks good! I've been sick lately, this was the main course last night

View attachment 5541

Hint, if you like spicy food, cut a habanero pepper in half and put it into the water when cold, then boil and cook noodles as usual. When done you can throw the pepper out with the water. Cooks the flavour right into the pasta. You can use a jalapeño but I find them too inconsistent. one will give good flavour and the next, nothing. Can be done with any pasta dishes of course.

"bbq venison on a ciabatta bun with mozzarella"

Oh deer. Now it begins! Sardines on roast toast when my squeeze goes away & greek style roast lamb anytime!!!!!

"bbq venison on a ciabatta bun with mozzarella"

Oh deer. Now it begins! Sardines on roast toast when my squeeze goes away & greek style roast lamb anytime!!!!!
ohh ya eh lol nice --pics and details are needed of course :)

Prime rib on the egg 300 degrees for 1.5hr --spuds --corn on the cob and bottle of La Linda red to wash it down :)

IMG_20220717_184754641.jpg

Did this on wknd .........was amazing! ( was only a 2 beer cook )​

IMG_20220729_190650853.jpg

Ingredients​

Print
  • Salmon fillets (with skin on), 4 to 5 ounces per serving
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • Your favorite commercial or homemade dry BBQ rub, to taste

Instructions​

Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, oil and garlic and stir to dissolve sugar. Pour into a zippered-top plastic bag and add salmon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
After marinating, allow the salmon to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling, then pat dry with a paper towel.
Mix together the butter and maple syrup and brush over entire surface of the salmon. Sprinkle with a liberal amount of BBQ rub.
Set the EGG® up for direct cooking at 350°F, place the salmon on a fish grid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Salmon is done when a knife inserted in the fillet slides in easily with no resistance and flesh is no longer opaque.
Remove salmon; using a clean brush, brush on any remaining maple syrup/butter mixture and wrap in foil for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

My wife made a point that there is more then Beer, Boobs and Burnouts .............then it dawned on me .....she was absolutley correct.
There is BACON ! I seen on another post somehwere guys putting up what they had on the Q or in the oven and was intersting to get some fresh ideas and try new things as I'm sure everyone gets the "what do you want to have tonight?" So last night did up a apple -bacon stuffed pork roast on the Egg (bbq) was really good and forgot to take a pic but robbed one off the internet for reference. Post what you cooking up!

Cheers

View attachment 5462
That looks amazing...

click to enlarge

Attachments

• 85EA778A-E4DE-4CDB-BF92-5C7F26AFB68C.jpeg
    85EA778A-E4DE-4CDB-BF92-5C7F26AFB68C.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 80
I pulled into a Truck Shop the other day and had a small feed, I sent the first one back, anyway finished up chundering (the sort of thing you do after too many beers :) ) a lot of the night. Yep we have all nick named it the salmonella kitchen.

I pulled into a Truck Shop the other day and had a small feed, I sent the first one back, anyway finished up chundering (the sort of thing you do after too many beers :) ) a lot of the night. Yep we have all nick named it the salmonella kitchen.
Feeling a bit crook were you JT? Puts me in mind of a time...

Makes me nervous to send anything back incase the 2nd one coming out has had the dishrag wrung out on it ........or worse ewwwwwwwwww