What did you do today-2024

Ha..I know it’s not funny but I have to laugh …fix one thing then find another..then another…never ends but we keep on doing it…
Ditto! The Limeworks shifter assy in My Meteor slipped a bit & popped out of the park detent so no start. I bypassed the switch but still no magic plus now the dash gauges (Dakota) only 1/2 work! Can't find any blown fuses so dead in the water. Too early to see Mr Smirnoff so I spraying roundup at the weeds. Will get back to the car when I feel optimistic!

Great day for a ride up 3a along Kootenay Lake
20240420_151459.jpg

Ditto! The Limeworks shifter assy in My Meteor slipped a bit & popped out of the park detent so no start. I bypassed the switch but still no magic plus now the dash gauges (Dakota) only 1/2 work! Can't find any blown fuses so dead in the water. Too early to see Mr Smirnoff so I spraying roundup at the weeds. Will get back to the car when I feel optimistic!
Ever get the steering issue fixed?...turning radius if I remember correctly?

Update. I think my linkage is too short on my bell crank set-up. I am only getting 1/4" travel on the push rod. I took it out and revamped the geometry .it brings my pedal up nice and high . Fingers crossed. I will post the results after I reinstall tomorrow 🤞
what was the outcome?

Got real real dirty

Attachments

• 1000003872.jpg
    1000003872.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 35
  • 1000003873.jpg
    1000003873.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 39
what was the outcome?
No noticeable difference Shane. I am totally confused why I have great brakes under HB but not manually. at this point I am driving the car up and down the road seeing if the brakes improve and bleed out any air that might be trapped.

This past weekend the 55 Chev got some more lovin, er “reassembly”. Over the winter I had rebuilt the manual steering box and the ‘surrounding’ parts; had the radiator re-cored, and tested the heater core.
New hoses for the heating/rad system installed as well as relocation brackets formed for the transmission cooler. Then the road test, seemed good the first rip around our small community. Got home without any unplanned stops or help from a tow truck. Touched all the connection points looking for issues, tightened all the gear clamps (hose clamps). Next trip out included some highway speeds and distance, on a very windy day. Concluded that there is still some ‘looseness’ that needs attention.

With some help from my son, we concluded that the hubs will need to come off and get at the king pins for a closer inspection…perhaps replacement, more to come this next weekend.
Sure felt good to rumble along in the sun, even if there was some steering wander.

Been road testing the Lincoln some more. The brakes seem to be getting somewhat better with the hydro off but still takes a few feet to stop completely.
I have noticed the steering column wants to vibrate sometimes with hard braking under boost. Since the rotors are new I am hoping the pads just need to seat better. I tried to calibrate the speedo last week and found out the input bushing was seized.had to take the dash out again to extract it. 😡
Got it free with some heat and mineral oil, put it back together and now I have no signal from the driveshaft sensors. I think maybe the cruise control is disrupting the signal. Back to the drawing board lol. At least it drives nice haha

Been road testing the Lincoln some more. The brakes seem to be getting somewhat better with the hydro off but still takes a few feet to stop completely.
I have noticed the steering column wants to vibrate sometimes with hard braking under boost. Since the rotors are new I am hoping the pads just need to seat better. I tried to calibrate the speedo last week and found out the input bushing was seized.had to take the dash out again to extract it. 😡
Got it free with some heat and mineral oil, put it back together and now I have no signal from the driveshaft sensors. I think maybe the cruise control is disrupting the signal. Back to the drawing board lol. At least it drives nice haha
Fustrating to say the least

I had a great day! Fixed a long standing issue in my '49 Meteor thx to a friend, solved two more electrical issues on my own, found a part online that should cure another long standing prob, our garden is peeking up and I got 40 dog licks on my cheek! Oh, and the wife was away all day. .

I am betting that is some mixed emotions Lee… great you can road test and work out bugs…image those that can’t do that for ability or space…we are lucky…or would it better just be a book worm …lmao
I agree Greg, I am very fortunate to have the shop space, hoist ,and basically a rural road network that is perfect for my shake downs. I have a marked mile staked at 2 points in my road in front of my house for such things. I can cross the highway and open it up on a side road that has a long straight stretch and then some twisties to check the roll of the suspension also. Cant wait to do that after the dyno tune :cool:

Seat belt cleaning time.
The rear seat ones were a little grimey and are original to the vehicle.

Bought one of those alligator-style seat belt cleaning brushes off Amazon.
Surprized as it was a two pack.
Double your fun, double your pleasure.

They do work.

Used only hot water and soap.
Had to really soak both sides of the belt.
It did work up a lather, however, some stains did not come out as much as I had hoped.

Stopped by a Lordco to look for something else and noticed some fabric cleaners that I might
try those before resorting to buying new belts but then...

click to enlarge

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpeg
    IMG_1002.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1004.jpeg
    IMG_1004.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1009.jpeg
    IMG_1009.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Recently I was able to purchase the original Alex Walordy file on the article he did back in 1971 in PHR on Tony Rainero and the Mustang which came with 42 - 120 size negatives. Of course, I want to preserve them as 53 years of sitting in a file hasn't been the best, so I purchased a Wolverine negative scanner and started using it today and not too happy with the results. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Not necessarily the scanner but preserving old negatives in general?