What Did You Do Today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"POLAR VORTEX" the new buzz word after "global warming" got laughed at with colder winters.... They must have taken if from the "Ottawa Vortex" which sucks in tax dollars at an ever increasing amount, and gives the cold shoulder in paying out..:D

Russ

"POLAR VORTEX" the new buzz word after "global warming" got laughed at with colder winters.... They must have taken if from the "Ottawa Vortex" which sucks in tax dollars at an ever increasing amount, and gives the cold shoulder in paying out..:D

Russ

Hahaha! Good one! :D

Polar Vortex ... :rolleyes:
We also get this weather phenomenon, " Maritimes hit with another Alberta Clipper," never heard that weather phrase until a couple years ago.

Alberta Clipper in Nova Scotia ?? They really are stretching for terms To use for all this weird stuff that is happening ,,, or is it really weird ,, Didn't they get really bad storms like this in the 30 s and 40 s .. i know not everything is right but .. If we turn off the OIL tap I guess the world as we know it would be in big trouble and there would go the Car hobby.. I guess I better convert the Safari to battery power.

Polar Vortex ... :rolleyes:
We also get this weather phenomenon, " Maritimes hit with another Alberta Clipper," never heard that weather phrase until a couple years ago.

Besides oil, it's another one of our modest Albertan exports, we use it once in a while to give the East a nice blanket of snow.

Defined as:
An Alberta Clipper is born on the high plains east of the Canadian Rockies. The average clipper then dives southeast, into the Dakotas and Minnesota, and then arcs eastward across the Great Lakes. On this track, a clipper stays hundreds of miles away from the mild waters of the Atlantic or the Gulf of Mexico. This means your average clipper is moisture-deprived, so it won't drop huge amounts of snow. Instead of two or three feet, it'll leave just a few inches on a narrow track that goes by places like Milwaukee or Detroit.

Once in a while, a clipper moves across the Appalachians and takes on new life as a nor'easter. That happened in grand fashion on February 6, 1978, when a modest clipper turned into the great New England Blizzard of '78.

You'll likely see more clippers than usual during La Nina years, like this one. That's when the jet stream often dives south across the Great Lakes. This year, the Lakes were one of only a few spots in the nation where people actually saw a white Christmas, thanks to the Alberta Clippers.

The other question I have is do you have any pics of your dash on your t truck.
It might be helpful to see your layout.

Thanks in advance

Pete ,these are the only pics of the dash. If I were to do it again, I would center the gauges in some type of raised oval.
The dash has to be extended outward to accommodate the speedo for sure.
Maintaining as much space in the interior was the original reason to mount the panel as pictured. As you are well aware it's pretty tight in the cab.
I see you do not have the back panels installed, do you have them?

Thanks for the pics Brian, you are right there is not much room. I just received the replacement back panels. I ordered repops from Howell's sheet metal. The rear window panel is a little different around the opening, the middle panel and lower panel look exactly right. I am fitting them right now.
Your pics help answer 1000 questions. I appreciate it.

Pete

thrill

went to barrett jackson yesterday .had a lectric scooter compliments op bj,so i could watch the best of best concourse car thank you to bj.

I brought my extra chassis home and removed the rear end with suspension and installed it in the coupe to make it easier to roll around. Hopefully get the front end swapped over this week so I at least have a roller until I start working on the chassis.

shop time

I pushed the car stuff aside to make room for my cabinet saw. It seems the wife needs another cabinet and in her mine that is my quality shop time? Regards AL C

I moved cars around, filled water jugs, checked oil lamps and got prepared for our next big Nor'easter due to hit Wed. ..... oh wah

Last edited:
Todays project

I have an old 28 Ford powerhouse gen and have put a small 25 amp PMG alternator in it. and made a mount so it will fit on my 35 ford manifold and look some what stock. Good project for the day. next is to paint and make it look pretty
Thomas

27TV8, could you post some pictures of that conversion you did to put alternator bits in an old housing? I know Al Christopherson was looking to do that same thing on his ride.

Russ

I finally got around to buying and installing some battery tenders.

Last cold snap we had last year cost me $200 for a frozen "Cold weather" battery. Not this time, heat on low and battery tenders hooked up.

Pete ,these are the only pics of the dash. If I were to do it again, I would center the gauges in some type of raised oval.
The dash has to be extended outward to accommodate the speedo for sure.
Maintaining as much space in the interior was the original reason to mount the panel as pictured. As you are well aware it's pretty tight in the cab.
I see you do not have the back panels installed, do you have them?

Something like this?

21%20may%202012%20005.JPG_595.jpg

Took the 58 Custom 300 out for a run today!! no snow, salt, rain!! Beautiful sunshine!!!!! Lotsa thumbs up!!!:D:D:D:D Frank

Fordy... honest to Big G ... It did happen!!!! don't know how to do pictures!! coming over for daddies day in Q B??:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes: Frank

After our latest Nor'easter dumped 40cm yesterday, it took me 2 1/2 hrs. to plow and shovel out this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.