The Great B.C. Hot Rod Registration Chicken Dance.

Glad to hear you will finally be on the road (And still with some cruising weather left). I hope with the information you have shared here, my experience won't be quite as bad as yours.

Right on wit getting her passed.....Tis a rough road but sounds like you soon have your numbers and ya be's on da road....excelent..

....Hugh.......

Things are good!! The only problem with this buisiness of you getting your numbers and right to cruiz, is WE are going to be missing out on your creative writing:D:D
Thanks for the information and the highlights of your quest!
Keep the rubber side down.:)
Greg.

That is awsome Lono.... And you still have some fall cruisin weather here in the sunny Okanagan... Put a few miles on her and enjoy all the hard work you put into her.:D

Remember - Kamloops fun run this weekend and there is a Pumpkin Run coming up end of October going through your neck of the woods.;)

Right on Lono!!! Drive the wheels off her. This has been a good thread, enjoyed keepin' up on it. Thanks

That's great, Lono!

I'm going to miss your muising though. Great write up on the journey, I'm sure you will miss all the potholes in the road on your way to success. NOT!

Carl

thanks everyone who came to dance.

So it should be pulling up to the driveway soon, good job!!

Thanks everyone.
It took so long, now I understand why they demand a heater defroster be put in them.
I ordered up my coker 750 x 16's this morning. Once here I'll drag it down on its last trailor trip for front end aligment and to let ICBC girlie look at the pretty new piece of door post bling so she can carve up my insurance papers. (I cant be seen in town with my 'tard tires on the back)

Then at long freakin last I can bring it home and drive the country mile over to Dukes for a little show and (moon)shine.

Lessons learned? Oh yeah.
First off, know the tune your going to dance to ( print out the inspection manual and go over your work before letting mechanic dude look at your ride.)... Decide who's gunna lead... (you or the mechanic inspector, (if you got the manual you aint dancing in the dark)... Put on your purdy duds ( even if you dont expect to wear them all the time, just long enough to impress the girls)...There's more than one dance hall in town ( talk to more than one person about who to dance with)...If yu dunn like the date you brought dun be afraid to dance with udders (a call to ICBC to have your VIN tag moved to a different dance hall sure does make a square dancer wanna jitterbug... and Dunn be afraid to say play me a rock and roll song (call him out on any stupid- dumb ass things *(like needing carpet for a safety inspection).

in reality,
The first one... start with a regi car if you can ( important but not the biggie)
The biggie... Dont be afraid to call your MOT inspector prior to making changes to accomodate for any big "redo's" that your mechanic inspector may thow at you.
AND....
Dont be afraid to print out your copy of the inspection manual and have it in your hand while your talking to the mechanic inspector about his list of "fail" items. If what he's talking about is out to lunch and isnt found in the inspection manual or you have the gut feeling your being milked to buy additional services, call ICBC, ask to have your VIN moved and tell them why and watch how fast your fail list shrinks.

The reality is, some mechanics ( DONT READ EVERY MECHANIC) use the inspection process to leverage money out of your pocket book. While you might think a quiet little shop run by a guy who loves old cars nestled off the beaten path in in Roosterpuke might be the honest easy going guy to go to, its not the case. And the busy shop in downtown Vancouver isnt the answer. The answer to the problem is THE MECHANIC HIMSELF. He has to be able to INTERPERATE the manual with a level of common sence and not inject his own interpretations.

...............okay winter.... I'm ready for another project!

Last edited:
fresh rubbers, ribbed for your pleasure!

An alighment in the Morning.... cruizin in the afternoon!
fatlon5.jpg

so..are the fenders gone for good now?...glad to see your on the road finally. My coupe didnt look so much different from yours..but luckily I had a reggie. Yup I modified it...but got away with it. The 47 on the other hand is a different story..its gonna have everything..from fenders to horn and wipers...I hate sneaking around with no fenders, wiper heater park brake etc...your day could get ruined really quickly.,,:)