Ontario MOE antics

Shorts Im leaning towards a yes on the hartman bash . I will be going down that way a few times in the next little bit .Seems the evil one has been having a hard time running a booze can on campus (western ) so her and 5 friends have rented a house . That would make me the furnature mover. Amatures. :D

Just wanted to pass along something on a related note. The Ontario auditor general tabled his annual report this week. There was an article on page 5 of today's Toronto Sun. The gist of the article is that the Ontario Drive Clean program really isn't contributing much to smog reduction in Ontario. Most of the smog reduction is due to better cars and cleaner fuel. He also suggested that the Ontario government could look at reducing the scope of the Drive Clean program. Thought that some people here would be interested.

Thanks for that clean 8485 it is nice to hear a little good news even if nothing is written in stone yet it gives a guy some hope.

Randy

the Ontario Drive Clean program really isn't contributing much to smog reduction in Ontario. Most of the smog reduction is due to better cars and cleaner fuel. He also suggested that the Ontario government could look at reducing the scope of the Drive Clean program.

Anyone that belives the drive clean program ever made a contribution to smog reduction is clueless. Its been a tax grab since day one and will continue . Nice that someone finally came out and said it but politicans never listen to the auditor general or the people that elect them.

The article also mentions that British Columbia has announced that it will discontinue its emission testing program for light duty vehicles by 2014, as have 5 U.S. states. The Ontario auditor general is quoted as saying that "Vehicle emissions are no longer one of the major contributors to smog in Ontario." With news like that, I'd prefer to be at least a little bit optimistic.