Car Club Logos.

Colonials, New Westminster, BC

Colonials-NewWestminster.jpg

Columbis Valley Classics, Radium, BC

ColumbiaValleyClassics-Radium.jpg

Drifters, Saskatoon, SK.

Drifters-Saskatoon.jpg

Thanks to all of you guys for keeping these old car club logos around, whether as an old decal on you ride, jacket or t-shirt or those oh-so-cool aluminum plaques. It's nice to see the hot rod past being kept and not forgotten.

Thanks to all of you guys for keeping these old car club logos around, whether as an old decal on you ride, jacket or t-shirt or those oh-so-cool aluminum plaques. It's nice to see the hot rod past being kept and not forgotten.

I agree....it's great to see the Canadian hot rod club history being perserved by so many and thanks for sharing.... hope there's more.

OK, just because you asked.

Delta Timing Association, BC.

DeltaTimingAssn.jpg

Dragons, North Burnaby, BC

Dragons-NorthBurnaby.jpg

El Caminoes, North Burnaby, Vancouver, BC.

ElCaminoes-NBurnaby-Vancouver.jpg

backyard033.jpg

Club my dad was involved with in the late 50s in Kenora. Small club but they had metal plaques made up, don't have a picture of that but he still has his.

The PA Coachmen were out of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Formed in the late 50's - early 60's. They hosted an indoor Car Show, which at the time was quite an impressive car event. Mid seventies saw the Club split in half due to much in fighting. The guys that left took the Car Show with them and formed a new group called The Odd Fellows Car Club... (gee, I wonder why). They continued the Show for a few years till it eventually faded away.
I moved to Prince Albert in 1975 and joined The Coachmen. At that time they were putting on a Swap Meet and Rod Run which was quite popular at the time. However, much in fighting/politics prevailed and in 1980 I left the club. Within a couple years the Club was pretty well defunct. Two of the members, one living in Saskatoon (Bucky Borrowman) and one moving to Saskatoon (Louis Viala) took the name with them and revived it with a new attitude. The Coachmen still survive and thrive in Saskatoon today. Bucky is still involved, Louis has since moved to BC and appearantly goes south every winter. Havn't talked to him in a few years.
...I must have left the club on bad terms, as in the early 80's, before it went defunct, they had a reunion, ...and I never got an invite....:eek:
These days, I still attend the Saskatoon Coachmen Run at Pike Lake near Saskatoon..............
Stan. .......................

img041.jpg

Last edited:
Bill, the Piston Pushers still exist. Pat.

Still going strong brother........I'm a member of the club....145 strong with 22 guys on the waiting list....lol....we still have quite a few of the orginal members from 1954 still taking a very active roll in the club.