Canadian Rodder pretour Gang 2010

Day 4

Well today we had breaky in the hotel, got gas and on the road. Our biggest hang up was trying to get out of the hotel. It took 45 minutes to checkout of the hotel.......don't ask...but a real pisser....and no one is in jail!:D
We hit the road and stopped a couple hours down the road in Circle, Montana for gas. Nice folks and I think we made their day by stopping and chatting a while. The cars tend to draw a crowd.

IMG_1199-1.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

And customer service, having the windshield cleaned

DSC00167.jpg

This is Bill, the owner of the gas station in Rochie's car for a photo op

DSC00171.jpg

A couple of axle caps that Bill had hanging in his station

DSCN1476.jpg

This is Bill Clarke in his favourite postion I think, claims he was fixing his cruise control

DSC00172.jpg

We ran down the road heading for Sand Springs but I didn't see it so we kept on running at least until I ran out of gas. I had a couple of gallons with me so we were on our way quickly.
We eventually stopped in Lewistown Montana for lunch and encountered a couple of other challenges. John's truck wouldn't start.....we left it at the gas station and headed for lunch hoping it would start once it was cooled down. We asked the locals for a lunch spot and headed for 4 Aces. On the way into the parking lot Rochie broke his rear shock mount. We went infor lunch and then proceeded to find a place to fix the part.
Just down the road was a muffler shop so Wayne and I stayed there to get his part welded back up and back together while the other went back to take care of John's truck.

DSC00179.jpg

Wayne had the part welded and installed and we headed back to find the others. They were standing around waiting for AAA to haul John's truck to Great Falls thinking it was a lift pump problem on his diesel. Just about to load it on the flatbed he tried to start it again and it fired. He filled it up and hasn't had a problem since.

Last edited:
Not sure what Bill was interested in but it was amusing

IMG_1207a.jpg

Oh did I mention there were bugs? I think I cleared a path for the rest.:eek:

DSC00173.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Heading to Lethbridge in the morning..................

Thanks for the udates guys, great little adventure guys and some good roads to cruise on by the look if it, I am envious but really pleased you are all having a great time.

Cheers and Beers, John

Great updates Jamie. :cool: Keep it up..

John in OZ,
Just think, you are saving some rental place tires. :D ;)

Wayne I see you on the pavement on your back, but the car is blue?Thanks Jamie keep them coming.
Homer

I feel like I've been riding with you - but for some reason I didn't get sunburned.

I missed the part where Bill stopped pulling the trailer. What happened to the brand new trailer?

Looking forward to the next update.
PHIL

Not sure what Bill was interested in but it was amusing

Montana 200 WEST. That way ..........
IMG_1207a.jpg

Oh did I mention there were bugs? I think I cleared a path for the rest.:eek:

No, you didn't get them all.
IMG_1201.jpg

Added some narrating in red.

Last edited:
Bullet that looks familier. The other thing i am missing is the adventure of being out there too.

Yeah it's an adventure alright, ya never know whats going to give next.
Still, would love to be sharing in it.

Last edited:
Its cooler 22C in Southern Alberta today after the 27C of yesterday a bit of high cloud should be a good day for you cruising down the hiway. Let em roll. Thanks for sharing the adventure. :):D:D

New but here

Doc and sons here in lethbridge. Meet an greet just wound up with big thanks to The Rod Shop, A &W Crusin the dub an many others. Some have had to go home to Pincher Creek to pull wrenches before mornin. Some of us have to rescue their children from sitting in the car in the parking lot but all are looking forward to heading out in the morning. 0800 isn't it Frank? Oh And where are we going again Frank? Oh right..... Itenerary. 6 months ago I couldn't say "itenererray" now I got one!!!!
Rod On.
Doc

Bad manners me

How bout thAt? Just hook up with the tour here in Lethbridge an just register on the forum, and next thing you know I'm hijacking this thread and jumping in with noone knowing who the heck is this guy? Doc from cowtown, brought Doc jr and Doc jr jr along for as much of the cruise as we can fit in. We came with Lily a 66 restomod Stang. Fresh engine with about 600 miles on her. We'd like to go the distance as I have family in Victoria but Lethbridge to waterton parks to lethbridge to home in Calgary will be about as far as anyone can stand us. Hahaha maybe well stay longer next year. hope we make the whole journey. 2yrs I've been with Lily she's been known to be tempermental. Half temper Half mental. Sure am grateful for the chance to take my sons on this with a bunch of really cool cars and the owners they keep. My boys are 14 and 13, and this is the firt time any of us has been on a cruise like this. Looking forward to more of Clarke's stories, and talking with more of my new friends I haven't met yet.
Rod on
Doc

Day 5

Well we got up and hit the road this morning from Great Falls Montana. Another good weather day in big sky country. We ran from Great Falls to Shelby and then to the border in Couts Alberta. Good roads and beleive it or not we didn't have any issues......

Great time and a great welcome as we rolled into the parking lot.

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Gas stop in Shelby

DSC00186.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

We made it:D

DSC00190a.jpg

Let the official tour begin.......;)
DSC00192.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread ,Jamie! The wife and I will be meeting up with you guys and the balance of the tour at Revelstoke or Golden!This is gonna be a blast!

DZ,
A great job on the vid. Thanks for taking the time to makeit and for sharing!!!:)
Mike

Jamie you missed your calling!!! You should have been a reporter, just a terrific job.Keep up the good work. You make it like we are there with you.
Homer