Canadian Hot Rod Tour "Points West" 2016

So is the motor good now?

Looks like there might be more than a few of us that are on to the big thrash now. Just think, they are leaving to start the tour tomorrow!

Currently in Watrous, Sask and it has been raining. 3 inches here this AM.
We went to Manitou Beach to soak in the hot pools so will have stayed here two nights. Lots of water everywhere. "Fred" the Ford is taking it in his stride.
We will be joining the tour in Kenora.

Keith...three inches of rain! Where is it all coming from? More rain here today as well, but not as much as before.

There's a couple of things the eastern tour guys should know about B.C. which you will know already.

First of all B. C. stands for Bring Cash. Make sure you get that part right.

The main season out this way is "construction". Usually runs between the time the snow goes in the spring until it returns in the late fall.

The B. C. government is currently in the process of four laning the main highway from Kamloops to the Alberta border. The delays are kept to a minimum, and rarely exceed about 5 minutes, except west of Chase where they are blasting out a huge section of rock to increase the lanes. Be aware that the speed limit in the construction area is sometimes 80 k's, other times 60 k's. It will be clearly posted. The gendarmes have set up two spots where they like to put their radar, so take it easy through there. It's only a short section, maybe 2 k's at the most.

I've got my best voodoo chant going on for good weather by the time you guys arrive here. :D

Have a good and safe trip.

Thrashing .....I hate it, why do I do this :mad:
Gonna be freakin tight, might be "sick"one afternoon to get some breathing room.

motor seems to be good have only been able to put on about 400 mileshoping for the best . hop every one in ont. has a great start this morning .

motor seems to be good have only been able to put on about 400 miles, hoping for the best . hope every one in ont. has a great start this morning .

That's good to hear...400 miles is better than nothing.

Well, the tour is officially underway in about 45 minutes as we speak...have a great trip today everyone! :)

Last edited:
Currently in Brandon and heading for Kenora tomorrow (weds) and will hang around there a couple of days until the tour shows up Friday. Yeah !!!
More driving in the rain today...thunder, wind and "Fred" has taken on some water.....windshield leaks in a couple of places and the rear sliding glass at the back sides of the wagon leak a LOT !! Oh well....drying trend coming yes?

Currently in Brandon and heading for Kenora tomorrow (weds) and will hang around there a couple of days until the tour shows up Friday. Yeah !!!
More driving in the rain today...thunder, wind and "Fred" has taken on some water.....windshield leaks in a couple of places and the rear sliding glass at the back sides of the wagon leak a LOT !! Oh well....drying trend coming yes?

Fred's just getting ready for the BC monsoons. we need some dry weather ...quickly!!:eek::eek::eek:

When you lucky guys on the tour get a chance...how about posting some stories and a few pics. Hope everything is going well.

Still poor weather out this way, a couple of decent days maybe this weekend, then back to the rain again. Sure hope it rains itself out before you hit B.C.

I suggest we start a thread under regular discussion and chat and call it something like "Tour photos and stories" and everyone can chirp in and post photos etc

Arrived in Kenora Today......looking forward to meeting the crew on Friday.

Well, It DIDN'T rain from Prince George to Edson Alberta. The rest of the trip was "passing showers" !!!!! ya right!!!

I suggest we start a thread under regular discussion and chat and call it something like "Tour photos and stories" and everyone can chirp in and post photos etc

Arrived in Kenora Today......looking forward to meeting the crew on Friday.

Well, It DIDN'T rain from Prince George to Edson Alberta. The rest of the trip was "passing showers" !!!!! ya right!!!

That's a good idea!

More "passing showers" here today...to go along with the lightning and thunder!

It was good meeting some of the participants here, last night, in Sault Ste. Marie. Weather was perfect for visiting along the waterfront. Hope the rest of the drive goes well.

I hope that I can go along in a few years, when I have the time available to me.

Just don't know what to say about this effing weather here. Massive 6 hour long lightning and thunder storm yesterday, tons of rain, and six more wet days in the forecast.

At least the 21st is forecast to be good for the ride from Kamloops to Langley. Of course that is subject to change at the whim of environment Canada without notice.

Just don't know what to say about this effing weather here. Massive 6 hour long lightning and thunder storm yesterday, tons of rain, and six more wet days in the forecast.

At least the 21st is forecast to be good for the ride from Kamloops to Langley. Of course that is subject to change at the whim of environment Canada without notice.
Weather is weather. Can't change it and I wont let it spoil my time. While sun would be better than rain, I'm OK with rain......just so long as it doesn't hail.

. Massive 6 hour long lightning and thunder storm yesterday, tons of rain, and six more wet days in the forecast.

Same weather has moved over Calgary now but should be +23 when the boys and girls arrive in Alberta. A few of us are looking forward to joining in along the route up and getting together at Grey Eagle on the 19th.

. Massive 6 hour long lightning and thunder storm yesterday, tons of rain, and six more wet days in the forecast.

Same weather has moved over Calgary now but should be +23 when the boys and girls arrive in Alberta. A few of us are looking forward to joining in along the route up and getting together at Grey Eagle on the 19th.

Well, here's wishing everyone good luck with the Alberta weather.

I checked on the rainfall at Salmon Arm yesterday, and it was almost nothing...while here we had 3/4" or so. We aren't that far apart. It must be the mountains between the arms of the Shuswap lake that make the difference.