Canadian Hot Rod Tour "Points West" 2016

PG409

Supporting Member
Yes, Frank....we are going......This event goes from Ontario to Deuce Days
in Victoria mid july.........

Who else is up for this ??:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in some more info. The 28 won't be ready in until the 2019 show, but it would be a fun road trip in the Maverick.

More details coming soon.

Get on the list by e-mailing Admin.

Tentative dates:
July 12 departure / overnight in Sudbury
July 13 overnight in Sault St. Marie
July 14 overnight in Thunder Bay
July 15 overnight in Kenora
July 16 overnight in Brandon
July 17 overnight in Moose Jaw
July 18 and 19 overnight in Alberta
July 20 and 21 overnights in British Columbia
July 22, 23 and 24 overnights in Victoria

I'M IN!!! Wouldn't miss it for the world

I'm looking forward to a great adventure. Several of us from the Lower Mainland will drive east to meet the tour in eastern Alberta or western Saskatchewan.
If anyone wants to join us in our drive out to the meeting point let me know, we'd love to have a bunch of cars join us.

You guys beat me to it as the web site with preliminary detail was just updated and published yesterday:

http://www.canadianhotrodtour.com

On the web site, you'll find find the link to the "Contact Us" email form.

A few things:
- If you want to receive the email updates (which will have time sensitive information about registration, hotels, etc.), you must be on the email distribution list. Use the link mentioned to get on that list.

- Hotel planning will be based upon your email response (once you're on the list) regarding where you will join in and exit - including Victoria. We will use those numbers to negotiate group blocks. Without accurate numbers, you may NOT get a room at our host hotels. Also, unlike some other events, published group blocks/rates will only be available over time to those that register. In other words, if a room is reserved and a Tour registration does not follow, you're reservation against the Canadian Hot Rod Tour block of rooms will be cancelled.

Here's a direct link to the email form to get added or for questions:
http://canadianrodder.com/wp/contact-us/

Last edited:
I just booked our rooms at the Comfort Inn in Victoria and they have assigned 33 rooms so far to our group. Filling up fast !!!!!

A reminder: BEFORE attempting to book a room in Victoria, contact me to be included in the email distribution list/database.

Hotel information for other locations will follow over time. You will only be informed of those if you are on the distribution list.

And, as I said in an earlier post, ultimately, you will have to register for the CHRT to occupy a group block room. We have to do this across all the Tour stops as rooms are simply too scarce at that time of year and certainly in Victoria that weekend.

Am planning on "going all the way". Anyone else from BC doing so? Would hate to buck the easterly winds all by my lonesome.
And yes I am still around. Haven't bit the big one as yet.

We plan on joining in Kenora......look forward to seeing ya

Sounds like there will be a great group heading west with lots joining in along the way. I was hoping to hook up with those going east to Ontario before turning around for the Tour. BA will be joining me in the Big Smoke on July11th. She'll be coming in by plane.
Looking to cruise with any and all that are driving east first. All Canada, all US or a mix works for me.

Fargo Dad, at this point, you're the only one committed to coming to southern Ontario to go back west. In 2007, we had two cars: Jack & Margaret and Mark & Cilka.

Also, at this point, the number of cars going all the way is double what is was in 2007 - around 40. A few are working their butts off on the cars they plan/hope to take (including myself).

The group will give you a warm welcome.

Kurt & I are tempted to do the whole run but can't commit past Moose Jaw until much closer to the tour date. It'll depend on whether the T is ready & reliable enough by that point.

Kurt & I are tempted to do the whole run but can't commit past Moose Jaw until much closer to the tour date. It'll depend on whether the T is ready & reliable enough by that point.

Shoot Ewald, you've got three whole days this weekend.............

I signed up for the email list and will be watching for updates on the Calgary stop. :)

The Calgary Stop will be at the Grey Eagle on July 19th, after a little romp through the country side.

Last edited:
My hotels are booked from Moosejaw to Victoria but hoping I can start further east if I can swing it. Looking forward to a great run & meeting the folks on this forum I haven't met yet & re-acquainting with the "long-timers" again

Haha, Neil (1950specialdelux) if you are coming we can share a spare parts pool :D