Canadian Hot Rod Tour "Points West" 2016

Hey Lee, you're correct, I don't see you on the rooming lists except for Vic.

Hey Lee, you're correct, I don't see you on the rooming lists except for Vic.

... finally got rooms booked meet in Bridge Town .. might wander over to Moose Jaw depends on how lonely Douge is hahaha ... Regi in the mail tomo:D

just finally made up our minds where going and book rooms in Victoria . filling out registration and sending in the morning . not sure if trying jump in before moose jaw or not .next is to get on the e mail list .

Driller, an email was sent you just now. Look for it in your inbox. Subject: More Information - Our 2016 Event

Looks like it will be a great run, good for you guys having the opportunity to cruise together like that, you'll have loads of fun and a great drive, :)

well looks like its a go . sent in all the registrations in and got my tour rooms book now just get everything ready to go . looking forward to making many new friends .

Can't wait. Looks like I'm still the only one going all the way to Ontario from B.C. to join up.
I'm looking at going East, at the end of June, following the route Frank has planned for the group heading back after Victoria. (Hope that made sense.)

Good for you Fargo, it is not often you will get this opportunity and a great little adventure. I am surprised that more aren't doing it with you, after all it is just a wee drive down the track :D

A thought for the nice people coming form out East: Port Hardy is at the tippy-top of Vancouver Island (roughly 5 hour drive from Victoria). It is also home of Mile Zero of the Trans-Canada Highway.

A thought for the nice people coming form out East: Port Hardy is at the tippy-top of Vancouver Island (roughly 5 hour drive from Victoria). It is also home of Mile Zero of the Trans-Canada Highway.

Hope you join us Kevin, it's been a loooong time

Frank, would we have time to do that run considering the other plans on the island.

Kev, you guys coming out?

We're trying. If we do attend, it will only be the BC leg. We aren't worried about hotels. See my pickup progress in the projects section. I'm sure that we'll register when the end is in sight.

Ewald, sorry I missed your question about Victoria to Port Hardy. As a 10 hour round trip (without stops), no.

I am planning a driving itinerary for the Saturday (July 23) for those that are interested. but it would likely be a few hours out and back.

Not alone anymore

Sounds like it'd make a good country song.
Anyway I talked my brother into flying here from Toronto. We'll make the trip East together. For him it'll complete a trip started in 1970. That year he came to B.C. in a 1960 Pontiac wagon with a couple of buds with the idea that they'd circle the States and go home that way. They made it as far as Seattle and were T-boned at a light. The car was a write-off!
So this year he'll bring the hub caps he's still got and make it back to Ontario in a wagon, albeit a good Mopar one.
Can't wait to get on the road.

Jonathan, great news that you have company. You'll have lots of company going west. Looks like 41 cars going the whole route, picking up lots en route. 86 registrations-to-date.

I am planning a driving itinerary for the Saturday (July 23) for those that are interested. but it would likely be a few hours out and back.

The "Circle Route" from Victoria through Sooke to Port Renfrew and back through Lake Cowichan is pretty awesome. 3-hour round trip. Ewald, Jonathan and Paul and Sherry have all trodden there with very few regrets.