Canadian Hot Rod Tour "Points West" 2016

Haha, Neil (1950specialdelux) if you are coming we can share a spare parts pool :D

My plan is to drive down to either Regina and drive with the group to Moose Jaw or straight to Moose Jaw. Spend the night and return to Saskatoon Monday.
Are you heading West with the group.
I am already thinking about spare parts, never had my car that far from home yet.:)

As I recall, your car is a basic stocker. Set of points, tinfoil for fuel line and a spare v belt should do it.
My cars are modified with engines from 1963 to 1979 so parts are easier to come by. Only spares I carry are v belts because mine are all non stock configurations.

Mailed my registration yesterday. Still planning on going all the way to Ontario so that I can join the tour west on July11/12. Still hoping for someone else to travel with on the way out east.
Ewald, stay in touch. I can offer lots of room for "spare parts" in the wagon, if that's of any help.

.....Ewald, stay in touch. I can offer lots of room for "spare parts" in the wagon, if that's of any help.

Room for spare parts, that's a good idea. My trunk will be about 2' wide & 2' long but only 6" tall so not even enough room for all the cloths. Not sure how we'll deal with that issue yet. Maybe I'll pack a suitcase & have you haul it around for us :)

For me I have to get to Moose Jaw, then all the way to Victoria....and back...or bust. I'm getting nervous already.

Have booked hotels from Moose Jaw to Langley.

Not going over to Victoria as I have to be back to Black Diamond by that weekend.

My hotels are booked from Moosejaw to Victoria but hoping I can start further east if I can swing it. Looking forward to a great run & meeting the folks on this forum I haven't met yet & re-acquainting with the "long-timers" again

Ewald, are you going to stay overnight on July 16th in Calgary?
Its a six hour or so drive from Calgary to Moose Jaw.

I can meet up with you somewhere along HWY1 and cruise together to Moose Jaw.

If you're going further east to meet the tour, then see ya in Moose Jaw.

We are thinking of going down through Washington, Idaho, Montana then up to Moosejaw but that's not locked in yet. It's about 5 extra hours of driving time so depending on when we get the T done (yes we are that tight), those 5 hours might make us take the shorter Canadian route. If that's the case we could stop for a bit near your place & drive out together. It'd be a lot of fun.
Better yet, join us in the southern route if that's the way we go

We are thinking of going down through Washington, Idaho, Montana then up to Moosejaw but that's not locked in yet. It's about 5 extra hours of driving time so depending on when we get the T done (yes we are that tight), those 5 hours might make us take the shorter Canadian route. If that's the case we could stop for a bit near your place & drive out together. It'd be a lot of fun.
Better yet, join us in the southern route if that's the way we go

Think I will be doing the driving through Canada for a couple of reasons:
1. Black Diamond to Moose Jaw via TCH is 7 hours vs Black Diamond thru the US adds an extra 5.5 hrs of driving for a total of 11.5 hrs.
Just can't see doing that in one day.
It's a three hour trip just to get to the border from Black Diamond.
2. US dollar exchange rate of 37% for gas and some food, possible overnight stay is just too much on a fixed income.

Hopefully you go the Canadian route, then i can meet you just south of Calgary.
We can "talk" as we get closer to the tour dates.

2016 CHRT

It is great to hear that some are coming East to meet the Eastern group. It is going to be a fun trip. We did it in 07. We have been shopping for 65 Pontiac Canso parts for our latest project. You probably remember our summer posts of pulling this car home from Manitoba. We have found that a lot of Pontiac Canso parts are in BC. Would anyone consider bringing something East for us if we purchased it?

If we can help, we will. Travelling from Prince George BC to as far east as Kenora then turning around and coming back with the group.

CHRT

If we can help, we will. Travelling from Prince George BC to as far east as Kenora then turning around and coming back with the group.

Thanks a lot. We were looking on Canadian Poncho site last night and everything for our Pontiac was in BC. We're heading that far anyway so if we can't bring it home with us in our A then we would have to have it at least delivered to Calgary.

Thanks again, we'll let you know. See you in July 2016.

It is great to hear that some are coming East to meet the Eastern group. It is going to be a fun trip. We did it in 07. We have been shopping for 65 Pontiac Canso parts for our latest project. You probably remember our summer posts of pulling this car home from Manitoba. We have found that a lot of Pontiac Canso parts are in BC. Would anyone consider bringing something East for us if we purchased it?

Will be coming into Ontario, (Toronto) sometime in and around July 8th, from B.C. Let me know if there's sometime I can bring for you.

Hey Frank.....I think you need to invest in some white shoe polish in the ball type dispenser so we can put our "user names" on our side windows, just like the drag racers did with numbers in the 50's and 60's. That way, we will know just who the heck is driving that old beater in the parking lot....:):):):):)

And those who are not registered on the forum have to put "observers" .......this is a kinder word than lurkers LOL........

Last edited:
Hey Frank.....I think you need to invest in some white shoe polish in the ball type dispenser so we can put our "user names" on our side windows, just like the drag racers did with numbers in the 50's and 60's. That way, we will know just who the heck is driving that old beater in the parking lot....:):):):):)

And those who are not registered on the forum have to put "observers" .......this is a kinder word than lurkers LOL........

Man Keith, You're not just another pretty face are you?? ;-)