52 Lincoln Capri Build

Sway bar fits fine,but the shock mounts didnt quite fit :D. I expected some trimming there.
Ajj5v7Hl.jpg

As far as the the wheels in the right place, Im happy with that.

D0aK1lKl.jpg

84iRbYBl.jpg

thanks for looking

Yes. I found it in the red deer area. It is remarkably solid, with rust only in the rockers, battery box and a small area on the drivers floor pan. I peeled up the tar like substance where I cut out for the shocks and the metal was shiney new!!

Finding some computer time this morning.
Heres an update on the engine install.
The clip I had ordered was to fit the coyote with minimal cutting. Wrong!
I had to lower the cross member 2" and move the rack orientation.
I had to cut out the firewall to get the engine back far enough to clear the steering rack.

The first fitting with the stock cross member. The alternator and rack wanted to both live in the same place.

UvqdEMzl.jpg

Lowering the crossmember

dHOoyI8l.jpg

a3S38FPl.jpg

gDEwFLfl.jpg

2nd fitting of the engine

wXOh3hAl.jpg

wzp5Picl.jpg

New rack mounts
XcxNTvRl.jpg

motor mounts
oPUhC7sl.jpg

4wEQPzsl.jpg

thats up to date,
Ill be mounting the trans mount this weekend if it rains.
Next is pull the the motor/trans and body off and weld out the mounts ,cut holes for exhaust ,clean the engine/trans and test fit the fenders again to make room for turbo plumbing
thanks for looking

Nicely done, it's looking good. That coyoty engine, what is the overall width on it? Got a guy wanting one in an early ford pick up.

Ha...good thing you know what you are doing...and have a lot of patience...I usually try it a few times then get pissed off and throw it out into the yard...I will stew about it a few days and then go and retrieve it from it’s resting spot in the yard and proceed with the project...I’m not seeing any yard dirt on your parts ..ha...

Nicely done, it's looking good. That coyoty engine, what is the overall width on it? Got a guy wanting one in an early ford pick up.

Thanks, Bash . Lots of info on Coyote swaps out there. If they can stuff them in mustangs,you can pretty well put them in anything:)
c6db3f4c932f4a917632b74fcee80aa6.jpg

Ha...good thing you know what you are doing...and have a lot of patience...I usually try it a few times then get pissed off and throw it out into the yard...I will stew about it a few days and then go and retrieve it from it’s resting spot in the yard and proceed with the project...I’m not seeing any yard dirt on your parts ..ha...[/QUOTE

not yet anyway haha

Thanks for the info Lee, that looks like it will be a ton of fun! Not as wide as I thought. An old Chrys hemi is wider! I wouldn't have guessed.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bash . Lots of info on Coyote swaps out there. If they can stuff them in mustangs,you can pretty well put them in anything:)
c6db3f4c932f4a917632b74fcee80aa6.jpg
A friend here locally just finished one in a 62 Galazie convert.
Alot of time and money in the stand alone harness and the transmission computer, but WOW!
FRED

A friend here locally just finished one in a 62 Galazie convert.
Alot of time and money in the stand alone harness and the transmission computer, but WOW!
FRED

Yes, It is a very expensive swap. The harnesses are as much as the engine. Im still spending.... There are all kinds of extras in a swap like this, relocating the oil filter, power steering alternatives, modifying drive by wire throttle, cruise control etc.... An LS plug and play would be much cheaper and less $$...
but theres no fun in that ...:)

Bash, It IS expensive, but not 35K expensive!! I would throw a guess at half of that when I am done,including a twin turbo set up. If this is for a customer of yours I can share the information I have ,where to buy the engine,harnesses and such. The transmission is a different story. The 6r80 is a great option but really hard to find used.I think the manual trans are readily available as most mustang guys ordered the stick . I can post my email if you wish.

Beautiful work. How do you feel about the headlights on these Lincolns? I always thought they were bugeyed and that the '54 Ford housings would be the cure?

Beautiful work. How do you feel about the headlights on these Lincolns? I always thought they were bugeyed and that the '54 Ford housings would be the cure?

Hey Earth, if you get a moment and are so inclined could you post your location in your user CP, ... or not. Thanks. :)
(need to know where to send your money to)