39 Willys coupe project

Relic how about posting some photos?????? Start a thread or even post on the "What did you do today thread"??? lol

I dunno, I usually don't like posting up pics, plus this site needs a pic site to upload from. I will think about it. The willys is so rough, people will think I'm crazy for trying to save it :eek:

I dunno, I usually don't like posting up pics, plus this site needs a pic site to upload from. I will think about it. The willys is so rough, people will think I'm crazy for trying to save it :eek:

I doubt that Relic we have all had that disease at one time or another.. I am sure I am not the only one interested in what you are doing and as far as the pic post goes if I can figure it out anyone can. And Imgur is free.

Finally got my collectors from Speedway, so spent some time in the shop today.

CpmxdRw.jpg

fvK0oAY.jpg

mgFqybf.jpg

66tRRfU.jpg

NtmLm7O.jpg

Also got my steering configured but still have to make a drag link to connect it all. All and all not a bad day in the shop.

Thanks for peekin in.

Wow, that will be bad ass when done and refreshing to see the original front end for a change. That jade green colour with that stance you posted will nail the look.:D

Do you have a common solution for hinge pins? Or just order online.

Same diameter as Ford but way longer.

It's been a while since I posted in here but progress seems slow these days. But got to spend a bit of time in the shop today (raining so no fall yard work). Managed to get my 3 point roll bar in place. I wanted to keep some sort of package tray so I shortened it 8 inches cut a hole in it (for down tube) and in order to keep the roll bar a bolt in item made the package tray removable. Which meant about 3 days work,, but now it all bolts in, instead of welded. Just have to finish the off frame parts of the mounts, ie gusseted plates. Half the pad will bolt directly to body mount holes in frame but the pads are twice as wide as frame is so need to extend with plates and gussets.

kN8C6B1.jpg

OPISRNK.jpg

PdqrX2r.jpg

mUuyKtv.jpg

Oh and cleaned the rusty part of the floor up getting ready for epoxy.
dwIDJdD.jpg

thanks for peekin in.. again sorry for such huge photos..

Last edited:
Thanks fellas it is coming along slowly. I still need a few parts for the head lights ( I had nothing but the pods to start with),, nigh impossible to get or find. I have a ton more $$ than I would like into these head lights already (embarrassing really) Anyway I haven't posted much for a while been mostly lurking so thought I would do a small update for any one who might want a peek.

I wanted the head light pods to bolt on instead of being spot welded. Apparently some of the early ones (37-8's) did?? I have never seen one that did but it sounded like a good idea to me. So I did some thinking and doing and 4 days later my headlights bolt on. Not only that but the debris off the wheel will have a smaller hole to hit to pack crap up into the head light housing.

Thanks for peekin in.

Last edited:
Re the Headlights Bas, I was looking at some photos a friend had from a wrecking yard in N.Z and there was a set of head lights, mind you these people charge like a wounded Bull, I'll see what I can find out for you because it is near where the two volcanos pop off occasionally, you might know where from that description. The name came to me Horipito Wreckers, the old guy who had it passed it onto his daughter many years ago now, Last time I was there (about 10 years ago ) they wanted $100 for a 36 Ford spare wheel outside ring and the same for a shaggy 39 Ford Deluxe wheel.

Re the Headlights Bas, I was looking at some photos a friend had from a wrecking yard in N.Z and there was a set of head lights, mind you these people charge like a wounded Bull, I'll see what I can find out for you because it is near where the two volcanos pop off occasionally, you might know where from that description. The name came to me Horipito Wreckers, the old guy who had it passed it onto his daughter many years ago now, Last time I was there (about 10 years ago ) they wanted $100 for a 36 Ford spare wheel outside ring and the same for a shaggy 39 Ford Deluxe wheel.

Thanks heaps John. I can't tell you how much $$ I have tied up in these incomplete headlights.. it's embarrassing,, but what do you do. I am now down to one piece of stainless trim to finish them...