1962 Triumph Roadster Project

So....filled the reservoir two days ago and let it sit on purpose to dispel bubbles, etc.
Well, a small leak on a fitting on the firewall appeared after a day or so.
Polished the paint there as I had used Silicone........whew !!!!!

Try to talk my wife into bleeding the system today but she sez it is New Years and we need to do other things.............:mad:

Some Sunshine on the project. Also took many hours to install dash pad, then windshield frame then dash.........

Nice, I love them at this stage. Bodywork is the worst and assembling is the best. You can't stop yourself from hanging another part, because the progress is so fast.

Sheldon

Thanks Sheldon......doesn't seem like fast progress however.
Motor at machine shop......installation soon......going on a road trip......:)

Edited:

Thanks Sheldon......doesn't seem like fast progress however.

It still takes time as one doesn't want to "rush" the assembly process,
especially when it comes to the multitude of all the small parts.

Looks good Keith.

Great looking summer/sunny day car! Fun to watch the build of others, cuts the worry on my own projects. Thanks for the insight, and taking us along.
Greg

Keith, having done a total "proper" restoration on a TR6, I understand how the dashpad, dash, windshield ,etc goes together and how fiddly it is.

Nice job. Love the colour.

Picked up the 302 at the machine shop today. Would have had the tranny bolted on but no flex plate bolts. Will go to town tomorrow.

I like the valve covers. "Cobra" ones would not be right although tempting and these have a 60's look to them.

Sheldon

Sheldon....I purposely went with these covers. I think the "Cobra" covers are overdone on many applications.

Truman, my wife and I finessed the 302 into the engine compartment today.
All went well and I do appreciate their help.

:)

And, yes, I know that red distributor cap has to go. :(
Also the tubular crossmember sitting just under the water pump pulley
is removable. It holds the front suspension structure together because the
car has an underslung chassis.