1951 Ford F1 Project

It sure would be nice to PM you about certain build questions that will undoubtedly come up for my future build. I'll follow your thread when I'm on here though - you're doing a great job of covering the build!:cool::cool:

Thanks Chappy! E-mail sent!:)

You might save a bit of aggravation by editing out your e-mail addy above- dang spammers!

Thanks again - talk soon - Fordy :cool::cool:

Been a slow winter on the truck.... put in a new steering wheel from mooneyes, air horn and all my side glass from classic glass (good product but wow, that was a PITA). Next is window wiper system and seat belts, should be about it other than a front bumper and wiring my speedo. Last pic is my little one who loves to help dad...

photo-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1865.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The truck looks great Chappy. Don't blink, that little girl will be asking to borrow the pick up before you know it. :eek:

Now whatca you going to do in the winters since its all finished?

Cruising all summer long?

Hope to see you on the road.

BTW...truck looks really nice.

Now whatca you going to do in the winters since its all finished?

Cruising all summer long?

Hope to see you on the road.

BTW...truck looks really nice.

Well I just bought my all my pinstripe equipment and started laying some lines this winter and hope to continue. It is not an easy art but something I hope I can slowly build enough skill to put a few designs on my pickup (and others :eek:)

See you around this summer!

photo-4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Almost ready for the road. Finished up my glass, built shock mounts and installed the smallest shocks I have ever seen haha. Put door locks, door handles on. Installed new wiper system which was pretty slick, license plate lights a go and put on my front bumper but recessed it in so it sits about 3/4" from the valance. Took it out for maiden voyage today and I found I need a new alternator pulley as my belt isn't sitting like it should and the pulley heated up a bit. And last but not least I finally figured out my damn charging system, silly little voltage regulator 'I' port needs voltage in ignition for a quick second to kick it into gear, that only took me a week or more to figure out......... Taking it down to the tranny shop to get my speedo gears installed next week and it should be road ready :) :)

Last edited:
That is one nice looking '51.
I had a Canary Yellow chopped top '51,
lost all the photos of it when my computer crashed, not impressed.

That would be cool to see. Chopped 51`s look sweet.

Ya my dad picked up a 68 morris minor that is coverted over to a gasser style. Basically all there and is setup for a small block chev that is pulled out. Lime green, ford 9" rear, rack and pinion steering and has some crazy big slicks on it, haha. I just tracked down a 92 impala with a 350 and 700R4 that my dad is going to come down and get and slide it into there, should go like stink..

That would be cool to see. Chopped 51`s look sweet.

Ya my dad picked up a 68 morris minor that is coverted over to a gasser style. Basically all there and is setup for a small block chev that is pulled out. Lime green, ford 9" rear, rack and pinion steering and has some crazy big slicks on it, haha. I just tracked down a 92 impala with a 350 and 700R4 that my dad is going to come down and get and slide it into there, should go like stink..

Sounds great, can't wait to see that.
You will have to think about bringing your truck to the Dawson Show sometime.

Sean