1951 Ford F1 Project

chappychapperton

Here are some pictures of the 51 that is in progress. Cheers, Ty.

4245187563_0029478238.jpg

The box is almost finished, had the stake pockets filled, already had the box slightly tubbed when I bought it.

4245187121_af839b34e1.jpg

302, we just put it back in after replacing some bearings, runs good now. Going to hookup the PS, put a different sized waterpump pulley, and clean-up all the wiring and run the battery to the box area.

4245959786_157dafa9b1.jpg

4245184513_cf3af53b52.jpg

4245183599_88da4e64cf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...We all like to see work in progress. What is that fuel tank out of. It will probably fit nice in my 47 pickup frame.
Stan. .......

That is a good project there, and it will be interesting to see what you do with the wiring, please keep us posted you are doing a great job there and yes good to see a Ford in a Ford.

Nice project, keep the pix coming. I always liked older trucks. You can stuff just about any reasonable street tire without any mods. Should look awesome when done.
Oscar

Thanks for the pics Ty. Looks like a good project - progressing nicely.

The fuel tank is a 67 Mustang. We just built some brackets and it fits between the rails great.
The wiring is pretty well done, just needs to be wrapped and run inside the frame, or I have seen units with the wiring covered and run along the intake manifold and through the middle of the truck, but I think the heat may become an issue on the wiring so I plan on running it through the frame.
As for tires, I have 15x8 rims for the front and would like to run 235/60, but I have to wait and see what I can fit underneath the rear fenders with appropriate backspacing, possibly 295's but hopefully 285's.

Thanks for all the comments, cheers.

Truck looks great, Chappy! When do you hope to have it finished?? It reminds me that I have a project truck out in the shop that I have to get back to... once I finish redoing the bathroom downstairs, the bathroom upstairs, the cab corners on my daughter's S-10... etc. :( Good to see that someone else is still working on things!

51 F1 Progress

Hey,

Just an update on the progress of my 51. Over the last year the cab, doors and box have been fully completed, just had a custom tailgate welded in but had to take the box off to get my tires on. The bodywork is pretty well all complete, just waiting (for 5 months now) for my glass front fenders from Ontario. And my hood is not done yet as it is pretty rough and I can not find a decent one anywhere..........

Just put on my tires, 245/50/16 on the rear and 195/50/15 on the front.

Next is painting the interior, gauges and all the hardware for the doors and trim. It will be a fun winter project! See my link below.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66288553@N02/6034889238/

Hey fergie, i could really use one if it is good shape. My brother is coming down there in a few weeks and he could pick one up for me.

My email is chappr@hotmail.com. Send me your phone number and i will get ahold of you shortly

Cheers