1940 Ford Sedan - Al's Rod Project

March 8,2015 Update

Since we do a lot of long hauls with the street rod, we need tunes and somewhere to put a coffee or bottle of water, etc.

I mocked-up a few different ones out of cardboard and decided on this design in the end.

Next task will be carpet.

Al
:)

Mar 31, 2015 Update

That's pretty much it. Just need the snow to melt around here and we're good to go.
I just wanna get out and drive the wheels off it.

The only things that were farmed out were the frame sandblasting, shooting the primer and paint, and the fixed side glass install.

To recap, its got a 350/700R combo, Heidts front end, PW, and AC/heat. Should be a comfy cruiser.

That's it until the next project.:)
Al

Thanks for taking us along. A well done project, congrats on the finished product. That is a car I would say was home-built! Look forward to the drive "report"!
Come on summer :) 👍

That has come up really sharp Al, I like most of the things you have done there especially the way you have intergrated the A/C it looks like that is how th ecar came, brilliant. Enjoy the ride now mate.

Al, this build story makes me sad.
Sad that I sold my '40 Tudor.
I won't claim mine ever looked as good as yours,

But I'll have some dreams about it, and where it is now.

Well done!!

Thanks guys for the kind works.

I've got about 200 km on the car so far and all is well.

The car runs and handles great. I will be getting a front alignment done this week as well as tail pipes so I'm looking forward to a longer highway run with it.

It has plenty of punch and cruises great at 110k, I meant 90k, ya 90. ;)
The gears are 3.27 with the 700R, it just hmmm's on the highway.

I've been playing with the Edelbrock 1406 and the idle is good, response is pretty good but the exhaust still smells like its a little rich. Still some more tweakin to do with that.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased.

I'll try and remember to take the video cam with me on the next trip.

That's all for now.
:):):)
Al

I really enjoyed following along with this build, you showed tremendous skill, thanks for sharing the journey with us all! You must be proud, I'm sure 110 felt like 90:D So what's next?

I really enjoyed following along with this build, you showed tremendous skill, thanks for sharing the journey with us all! You must be proud, I'm sure 110 felt like 90:D So what's next?

Thanks Dean,

What's next? Ya I guess I need to get something cookin' eh.

Lookin forward to seeing more on your 37.

Al

Sounds like you are having fun already Al, good on you, those gears and trans will give you tall gears for highway running and low revs yet responsive when you want it, good one.